Quantcast

Greetings from UpstateNY!...and some assistance for a newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by UpstateNY, Jan 12, 2014.

1. UpstateNY

UpstateNY New Member

Hey everyone! I'd like to say thanx first--finding this forum def helped me decide on the best Google TV player for me. I recently added a GS8 to my setup and couldn't be more excited. The main use of this was for my Slingbox 350 so I could remotely view without air casting from iPhone to appleTV. The additional features like web browsing, netflix, amazon & pandora just sealed the deal. Like many of you i too am excited about a "forecasted" 4.2 update crossing fingers and hoping it debuts sometime soon (not holding my breath as I can see quite a few gs7/gs8 owners have been keeping those seats warm for over a year).

Now on to the issue I'm hoping some of you can provide some insight.... After initial setup of my GS8 I am attempting to stream my Slingbox 350 remotely and I keep getting Code:27 (something about your slingbox is offline). This is reoccurring aprox every 5-10 minutes and forces me to locate my slingbox in the directory and reconnect each time. At this point i have not seen any other Sony GTV owners with this issue only WD GoogleTV systems (searched the error code and found several year old discussions but nothing current or anything speaking about the GS7/GS8.

Any help or direction is much appreciated. Thanx again for all your help this far and look forward to chopping it up with you all in the future!

Blake

2. cchisholm2

cchisholm2 New Member

Thanx guys. I have a logitech revue system and would like to know if anyonne has info about maintaining font size when changing windows?