Quantcast

Green Screen, Locked Up

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by chuckdfoster, Jan 22, 2012.

1. chuckdfoster

chuckdfoster New Member

I am getting a solid green screen when switching between TV and Apps. Turing the device off and on from the front of the unit does fix the problem. Is this something hat others have been experiencing? Any updates or setting changes that could prevent this?

Thanks in advance,
    Chuck

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This is indicative of the loss in the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) handshake. HDCP is the protocol running over HDMI which tries to prevent unauthorized devices to access digital content. If the HDCP handshake isn't present from the source device to the television then the source device will disrupt the signal.

You should be able identify the symptom by re-initiating the handshake by replugging the HDMI cable or resetting it with the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del]. As discussed in many other threads, try using other cables. If that doesn't work then try connecting another device with HDMI output into the Sony Google TV device as a process of elimination to determine where the problem may be stemming from.

3. dbdigital57

dbdigital57 New Member

When I had this happen, I had to unplug the power to fully clear the screen problem.