Quantcast

Great day with my Revue. :-)

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by LadyAngler, Dec 11, 2011.

1. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

I had a ball playing with my Revue today!
    I showed my husband my Amazon wish list over morning coffee. Then I did a little home screen customization.
    I also chatted with a couple buddies using im+ throughout the day... Got a nice little popup when new messages came in.
    Then this evening I streamed some Pandora Christmas music + played my pictures collage style on the TV whilst I did some Christmas decorating. I really love the way the picture app plays the pictures now. I just wish those functions/ selections on the left would disappear when the pictures are playing.

I kind of wanted to have a Christmas movie playing on live tv but have the sound muted so I could listen to Pandora Christmas music instead. How could I do this? I am thinking I need an HDMI splitter for the dish dvr output... Then run that to one of the alternate HDMI inputs on the tv. I could then set up my harmony remote to have activity for this. How's that sound... Am I on the right track? ;-)

Now I have a question.

Sent from my VTAB1008/ giant remote

2. arrowrand

arrowrand New Member

I have an activity set up that actually uses two different devices so that I can have a game on but still listen to music on Pandora through another device. The activity turns the TV on, sets the HDMI to 4 for my Roku, turns my DirecTV DVR on and switches the optical switch to the input for the Roku. I start the Pandora channel and select the artist station that I want.

I then have another activity that only switches the HDMI to 1 and switches the Harmony keys to the DVR, leaving the AVR set to the Roku. I then just use the activity buttons to go back and forth between the two to change Pandora stations and the like. It will be much more elegant when I ditch my old AVR for one that has multiple HDMI inputs and everything can just run through that.

You don't say which satellite company you subscribe to, but I know that the DirecTV DVR's will work with an HDMI splitter. Split the HDMI off of your DVR with one leg going to the Google TV in and the other leg going to a second HDMI input on your TV. On the audio inputs/outputs, you'll need to solve that as well if you are using HDMI pass through, optical or RCA's for sound. My AVR is older and only has a single optical input and 4 RCA, no HDMI. A remote controlled optical switch solved it for me.

If you set up 2 activities you can change back and forth so that you can switch to the Google TV to change Pandora channels and switch back to the TV to change channels. It should work out fine once you visualize the connections for audio and video.

• Like Like x 2
  3. swould333

swould333 Member

You can try this... start the movie from your tv provider.. do picture in picture... hit the home button, go to pandora and start your music... when i do this pandora takes precedent in the fore ground and the tv program goes silent... then if the movie is to small press and hold the PIP button.. it'll bring up options to move it and resize it slightly bigger...

As matter of fact I've got the PIP with the news up now.. streaming 3 doors down on pandora and writing this post right now.... plus downloading bit torrents of the big bang theory... this little device rocks

• Like Like x 2
  4. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Sweet! Thanks I knew I would get some solutions here our community. Thanks a bunch!
    Going to try the pic in pic solution first. Then if that isn't SwissAir satisfactory I will have to go the other route.

PS. I also have an old avr lol. I bought a toslink to rca converter that is working fine for now. Good enough for me anyway.

~¤~Sent by a Bolt aka Angry Bird Slayer~¤~

5. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

A small hijack here if you dont mind,
    @swould333 : I know the memory capacity of the revue would probably never hold a large torrent, where are you downloading yours to?

6. swould333

swould333 Member

A usb thumb drive right now.. Using a beta version of the Swarm torrent downloader... the current one doesn't allow you to go past the SDcard directory, and that's the main Mem partition on the Revue... the usb's are located in "Media" in the "mnt" directory... am i making sense to you?

Any how not sure when this guy will be launhcing this to the market from beta... hopefully soon...

You can use Atorrent from the Market if you can get it and side load it.. but you have to manually enter the save path in the preferences menu.... I found it by using file expert and going into the "pnone internal" (not at my revue so working off my memory here,) then going to MNT->Media ... my usb drive was listed there... if you look at the top of the menu you'll see the drive path.. just write it down verbatum and input that into the download directoy in Atorrent... I just didn't like the search method.. it does a direct internet search for the torrents...