Quantcast

googletv with directv...something weird

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jayjonathan, Sep 12, 2011.

1. jayjonathan

jayjonathan New Member

Ok I just bought a new tv for the living room to replace the googletv I have, I want to move the googletv to my bedtoom and replace a samsung I already have in there. Everything was working fine with the new tv in the living room until I went to change tvs in the bedroom. I took the samsung down and put the googletv up and now I am getting an error on the googletv saying it is trying to find satelite signal, which in turn effects the new tv in the living room. When I take the HDMI plug out and plug it into the samsung everything works fine. It seems like there is a setting Im missing on the googletv, the picture shows up but it just wont conect to the satelite. If the HDMI in the bedroom is not connected to a tv it will mess the tv in the living room up. I called directv and they wanted to send someone out for 50 bucks and I doubt he will be able to fix it. I think it is a setting or something. Any help would be great, and I hope I explained the situation correctly. Thanks.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention whether or not to you've shut down the DirecTV boxes before you swapped televisions. HDCP is quite quirky and doest take to kindly to hot swapping devices. Try unplugging the power off of everything if you have to, then power up the television and everything down the chain to the set-top box.