Quantcast

GoogleTV USA Homepage Created!

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by chopper, Feb 16, 2012.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

Just open this page, bookmark it to your homepage if you like and even set it up to be part of your home screen launcher.

This work in progress will be updated in the future as time permits. Suggestions for more bookmarks are welcomed as are donations.

Here are the current Adult Rated versions:

USA Version:
    Google TV USA Adult - Symbaloo

Canadian version:
    http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/googletvincanada

New thread started for this topic:

Project Shared Web Mixes (Bookmarks)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I would like to make a suggestion. I see several shows on your USA web-mix (such as "Desperate Housewives") that don't work with GTV. I clicked that tile and then got the message that my operating system is not supported on the ABC-Go web site. What is the point of putting tiles on the web-mix that don't work with GTV?

My suggestion is to keep it streamlined and only put up tiles that work with GTV.

Thanks for your efforts. Also as for as possible ideas for content - there is a ton of stuff on the Project Free TV thread that would go nice in a web-mix IMO. Also on the Free American TV Channels thread there is a lot of stuff. Good Luck!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. chopper

chopper Active Member

Interesting, list only the legal stuff in this thread and I will get right on it. I am not interested in linking users to online piracy, not going to suggest that to anyone. Go ahead, copy and paste suggestions from other threads here. I will work as fast as my free time permits and make it a high priority if donations start rolling in for the time spent developing this further. So far about 40 hrs have been put in on several pages some of which are not public at the moment. I do need input on which tiles are not working as they may work in Canada were I live and not in the USA, eh. Caveat: If I inadverantly link you to piracy you alone are responsible for your online use.

I dream of Google giving me a call and asking me to develop this further and paying me for the interest this may generate going forward in Google TV. I have some pretty good ideas of what GTV could look like in the not too distant future but am keeping them to myself. Perhaps a team up with some crafty app writers is in order? I think I have cracked tv for gtv (some really cool features that it's missing) and when I shared my idea with my wife she said that would be cool. But that is another story... come on Google PM me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. halox

halox New Member

Nice, Chopper. Thanks!

5. chopper

chopper Active Member

I guess the creative juices are flowing this weekend. There are new images, new links and improved videos behind them. I decided to place HD Trailers behind the non-free content. This is a work in progress but the Californication link is a great example of where this is going. This is becoming an Adult only site so hide it from the kids.

6. chopper

chopper Active Member

Thanks, you will now see links to trailers for hit series and actual selected content from the free section.

7. chopper

chopper Active Member

Is is actually a nicer user experience to view my pages outside of Symbaloo.com all by themselves using the new link.

8. CatfishRivers

Hi Chopper. I was wondering if you could post the link to your Google TV USA webmix on the Project Free thread? I think it would go good there. By the way have you seen tvliner.com? It's a site with bookmarks for Google TV.

Sorry I don't really have time to post links here - I prefer to just post my links on the Project Free thread - and then people can sort through it or use the search tool (if they wish) to create their own bookmarks, webmixes or whatever. There are over 130 pages on the Project Free thread - so IMO I just think it's too huge to have one all encompassing webmix that covers "everything". And seeing as everyone has their own individual tastes - that's why I just post as much as I can on the Project Free thread - and then let people take it from there and do what they want with it.

Just as a side note - I don't personally consider the Project Free thread to be a "pirate thread". I've posted tons of legit stuff on there, but yes there are some pirate sites mentioned on it.

9. chopper

chopper Active Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. chopper

chopper Active Member

Playability improvements made to the USA version for now Canada to follow.

11. RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH New Member

why does the Canada version have all the TV channels and the US version does not?

12. CatfishRivers

It's because in the USA some of the TV channel web sites are blocking GTV. Apparently some of these sites that are blocked in the USA will work within Canada on GTV.

13. chopper

chopper Active Member

Has anyone tested the Canadian Channels in the US to see if they play?

14. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If you give some examples I will try some. I did try CTV from your link, selected Nikita and was allowed to watch a commercial then it quit, all that I saw was this message.

15. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I also tried CityTV, CBS, and ABC and wasn't able to get anything to play but I only tried one show from each and didn't mess around with various user agents or browsers. The ABC message indicated operating system and browser were not supported. I have the Canadian version bookmarked and will try more links to see if I can find some things that work.

16. chopper

chopper Active Member

Consider the dead links from the US networks gone perhaps someday I will charge them to be included in my listings again. Stay tuned for a major upgrade in the next month or so there will be more links and a new format. I am also considering rolling this service into an App. I think I'm on to something that could get people excited about GTV but who knows and time will tell? Anyway I am having fun creating... but sure would like to get paid at least a little from my users for my time and effort? Spread the word. GTV is going to get more interesting... enjoyable... All suggestions are welcomed!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  17. chopper

chopper Active Member

Update, considerable progress is being made on our new web site which will be launched in April so stay tuned!

• Like Like x 2
  18. chopper

chopper Active Member

All Symbaloo users can make their own web mixes and even take/give tiles from other web mixes. It is in the free spirit that I now open up my web mixes for those who want to take what they will and use what they like while ignoring what they won't use.

Google TV USA Adult - Symbaloo

Google TV in Canada - Symbaloo

I was in the process of making a web site but that is a moot point now.

I may release it as an app in the future to service those who don't use the forums and will not catch on to this.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012