Quantcast

GoogleTV remote rapidly draining batteries?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Tom Wyrick, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Tom Wyrick

Tom Wyrick New Member

I'm wondering if any users of Sony's NSG-MR1 Google TV remote have run into the issue I've had with mine for a while now?

Basically, it works just fine when I put in a new set of batteries (no evidence of a stuck or non-working key, etc.) ... but after about 48 hours of it sitting there, I find it's no longer working properly and the batteries are very low.

Interestingly, I found at least one or two other references to the same issue when doing searches on the topic, but never really found anyone with a solution.

As these remotes still sell for close to $100 new, and fetch $70+ on the used market, I can't quite justify buying another for my circa-2011 32" Sony Google TV set. (I'd almost do better to just sell it as-is, and put the money towards something newer and/or bigger.) But if this is a known issue people managed to fix by doing some kind of reset procedure on the remote, or by replacing a single bad capacitor on the board inside or what-not? I'd sure like to know!

Thanks!

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Hi,

To factory rest it,
    remove batteries > press every button twice > re-insert batteries > pair it…

for other control alternative use:
    Logitech Keyboard (for full control)
    IR Remote Control (for light control)
    btw, I didn’t test this ir remote with Sony devices - but its reasonably priced & it works w/other Android/GTV boxes.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't know how the Logitech keyboard can power on the TV but almost everything else should work great if it can.