Quantcast

GoogleTV product director Q&A

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by ColmARocK, Nov 4, 2011.

1. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Yesterday, Google Tv Product director, had a chat on google+.
    Go read the full article on Gnarl'd (gnarld dot com).

Here a two hot points for revue owners:

"Will Logitech Revue units running leaked versions of Honeycomb get the Google TV 2.0 update OTA?
    No. Google TV has a very specific release process and the early versions do not fit into this release process."

" When is the Google 2.0 update coming for the Logitech Revue?
    Expect it in the next couple of weeks- Logitech is putting on some final touches."

So I will stop hoping to get my update during the next week-end.

2. kyyser

kyyser New Member

So Logitech support points to google for the delayed update and google says it is in Logitech's hands.​
    Oh I get it, can't be pushed without some kind of "bloatware" on it. I.E. Logitech needs some time to make "Logitech Media Player" less compatible than it already is. This is why I will never plan to buy from Motorola(maybe google can fix them) or Logitech again. Logitech - "We overpromise and always underdeliver"​

3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

well thats a bit of a disapointment.. but thats the way software releases go.. it will get here when it gets here.. and all the extra dev time is toward making a more solid product and experience... they are not doing it just to up set the user... i thought that was pretty cool that a developer would take time to field questions in a vid chat like that... sounds like future updates will be more freq (he said that an update to chrome is a month or so away)..

guess thats the way it goes... but i dont mind waiting if its to dev a more stable product..

4. FredFredrickson

FredFredrickson New Member

Well that takes me past the return period of my revue, back to best buy I go! I was hoping to see the new release and make a decision based on that, but .. meh .. at the moment it's a more useless roku.