Quantcast

GoogleTV Forum Site not available through GoogleTV

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by brianks, Jul 18, 2012.

1. brianks

brianks New Member

I cannot access this website on my Sony GoogleTV. Does everyone else have the same issue? Does this mean the TV is programmed somehow not to allow access to this site (just as it is not allowing access to Hulu)? It always says the site must be down for maintenance. My droid tablet also doesn't seem to allow me to access this site, BTW, but I'm more concerned about my TV.

Is there a list somewhere of sites this TV does not allow access to?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I access this site using Google TV all of the time. I seem to recall someone else having this problem last year but I don't recall the solution but as far as I know, Google TV can access any site accessible by a computer. Unfortunately some sites block Google TV from streaming but I can sure get to the site to see that message.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I and a few others had the exact same problem of not being able to access it using the google tv. Basically I ended up having to keep refreshing the webpage until it finally did load for me.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If you have to refresh the screen to get this site to load, just bookmark it after it does load. I access it from the Home Page, having bookmarked it about a year ago.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I have never had an issue accessing this forum from my bookmarks.

However the issue that was discussed previously (and still exists) - is accessing this forum from a Google search link. If you do a Google search for "Google TV Forum" and then click on the link for this site - a popup appears that states the site is unavailable (and that the site might be down for maintenance). The solution is to just click where it says "reload" and then it works. Here is the link for the Google search results "Google TV Forum". Try it yourself and see:

google tv forum - Google Search

Note: If you click on any of the links for the sub-forums from the Google search results they will work on the first try. However the search link for the main forum you will need to click to "reload" after the popup appears. And it will always work from your GTV bookmarks on the first try. So once you have this site bookmarked - you should be good to go -:)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  6. tinman319

tinman319 New Member

Here's another way to get around the google search problem when you want to access this site:
    search for google tv forums like you always did before, BUT, don't click on the 1st most obvious link in the response that you get from the search
    instead click on the logitech revue link that is acouple of links below the header link....it works everytime for me

[h=3]Google TV Forums[​IMG]
    [/h]www.googletvforum.org/
    This is a discussion forum covering the world of Google TV. We are here for Google TV Support, Google TV Help, Google TV Hacking and more.

[h=3]Forum[​IMG]
    [/h]Google TV News and Site News. We will post any important ...

[h=3]Google TV Apps[​IMG]
    [/h]Google TV Apps - If you any questions related to Google TV ...

[h=3]Logitech revue[​IMG]
    [/h]Tutorial: (v0.1) Developing GoogleTV applications using ...

[h=3]What's New?[​IMG]
    [/h]Search: Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 53 minute(s) ago ...

[h=3]Active Topics[​IMG]
    [/h]Home · Forum · Active Topics ·