Quantcast

Google TV's Killer App

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by lschroeder, Feb 3, 2012.

1. lschroeder

lschroeder New Member

Google TV - The Family & Friend's gateway to the internet. An internet world for everyone. Google TV is simple, expandable, and multi-user friendly guide to the internet.

Single user or multiple user at once, Google TV simply works. The killer app is the ability for a single user or muliple user to use it at once. Right now this is very passive but there is nothing stopping it from becoming more active. Once the apps let phones, tablets, game controllers, and other devices share, the true usefulliness will be evident.

Google TV is more than an ordinary game console, it is an internet console for family and friends. The killer app is the internet console that it could become.

I know all this really is not true yet, but was thinking what could be! What do you guys and gals think? Do you remember windows 3.1 and now windows 7/8?

For example a flash card game, the kids use their bluetooth virtual keyboards of their phones/tablets to compete against each other? View the interactions on the TV. Can I patent this so that every new game/learning pays me royalities?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

While I certainly agree with Larry Yang that what we're seeing with Google TV is "the tip of the iceberg". However, we still have a long way to go to realize its potential. There are just way too many road blocks in the present implementation and environment to get past the fact that it is still in its infancy.

You could try. Doubt it will work though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. flippingout

flippingout New Member

I think we are definitely at the very beginning of what is possible and can't wait to see how this evolves. The one capability I would like to see now is the ability to operate GTV from the phone/tablet where the TV screen is shown on the device and you can swipe around instead of using the remote's somewhat clunky interface. Don't get me wrong the remotes are great but there are so many more possibilities.

Right now I prefer using the GTV app as a remote...just want more :)