Quantcast

Google TV YouTube App to Be Updated Over Next Few Days

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Feb 12, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The Official Google TV Blog: New Updates to YouTube for Google TV (click for full article)

"In the next few days we're releasing an update to your YouTube experience on Google TV making it faster and easier to find great content, adding YouTube channel pages, and giving you more control over your experience.

You'll be able to update your app through Android Market, and you'll see some big improvements. First you'll notice the app works faster with smoother navigation for a better experience.

Next, we've added a new feature called Discover, which lets you browse YouTube channels by categories. Whether you're looking for hilarious comedy, delectable cooking content, or the latest news, you can find great channels for any of your interests."

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hmmm. This article mentions that Google is planning big announcements for Google TV on Monday. I wonder if there will be more news besides the new YouTube app.

Google TV announcements slated for Monday - Tech Talk - CBS News
    (click for full article)

"Google is teasing the world with a promise of "big announcements" tomorrow regarding Google TV.

"Get ready for Monday, we have some big announcements!" the Web giant cryptically teased late Saturday from its Facebook page. Google also launched a Google TV page on its Google+ social network."

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. halox

halox New Member

interesting. Thanks for keeping us up to date, catfish.

4. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

my app for you tube is very slow if it works at all. this must be because there updateing right now? also google chrome keeps snaping this has happened ever sinse i have had google tv with the logitech revue. dont no why. You would think you tube would respond best because google owns you tube. google browser works good on my netbook and my computer but not very well on my logitech revue.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  5. gadgetrants

gadgetrants New Member

The discussion I'm seeing suggests that Google is producing their own hardware to stream music across wireless devices, including computers, Android phones and tablets, and Google TV (sorry if there's already a thread on this). If that's the "big news", I guess I'm gonna hold off on hanging up the streamers and other decorations. Software updates to the Revue are a bit more exciting in my book. :)

-Matt