Quantcast

Google TV Wishlist

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Karen, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Karen

Karen New Member

How about a great single hand remote with a slide out keyboard?

Even the mini requires two hands even if you are not using the keyboard.

How am I going to eat snacks and use the remote at the same time?

Oops! Posted in wrong category. I never said I was smart, just that I like to eat snacks!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

LOL! I just tried to move this thread! :p

Anyway...snacks are good! Get the to an Android phone, Karen...you're welcome! :D

3. Karen

Karen New Member

For someone who only turns on her cell phone about once every two months (yes, I do live under a rock), it's a bit of a spendy option. Not the android phone itself, but that pesky monthly plan. Maybe in my next life.....

4. alphawave7

I was going to 'sell' my old G1 to gazelle.com for $54 (and sell my wife's too! total $108!) and go out and party...but if you want to give it a go, you're welcome to it. :) /all others pay! :p Throw a pre-paid TMO SIM into it for cell calls, or leave it SIMless, and just use it over wifi to play with Android apps/surf web/etc. Whaddya think? :) BTW, TMO has Vegas covered in 3.5G (aka '4G speed') so now's a great time to get into a smartphone..it's finally worth the cost!

5. Karen

Karen New Member

Thanks, alphawave7, but I think I'll stick with a regular remote for now. Thinking of getting an Android tablet after they have been out awhile. Would appreciate any advice you could lend on those. I suppose they would work the same as any other Android device?

6. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

I would like to see a good Android TV Remote App for the phone!

7. alphawave7

Ha! I plan an Android Tab too! Just like you, will wait for a 'decent', well-reviewed unit. :)

8. andcbii

andcbii New Member

#1 wish list item.... Make it so people cannot block me from watching their videos, just because i'm using google TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #2 improve .VOB file play back
    #3 Better remote (i cannot figure out how to customize the buttons on my sony blu-ray remote =/)

9. philmiami

philmiami New Member

The Sony remote is so-so. I got the blu-ray google tv and it is ok. Just needs APPS, needs to work on Hulu.com and all the others and get a better remote (the optical sensor mouse kinda sucks) and a HD vid camera and be able to use Skype. I did not like the Logitech because it did not have a blu-ray, and the camera only worked on the logitech chat. We need to web cam to other countries as well as here and everyone uses Skype because it's free and not hardware driven.