Quantcast

Google TV & Tivo OTA channels not working

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by Peteo, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Peteo

Peteo Member

Having an issue with a new LG GA6400 google TV and a tivo premiere with over the air antenna. Setup up tivo box in google tv as,tivo, broadcast digital. set the ir code and google tv is controlling the tivo great, except when I use the prime time app to select a show. When I do that google TV sends down a whole number, 2,3,4,5 etc but OTA channels are 2.1,2.2, 4.2 etc.. so tivo try's to tune the whole number (2,3,4, etc) but can't. Google channel list does show the correct channel numbers (2.1,2.2, 4.2 etc) but for some reason it looks like it blasting down the wrong numbers

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

As a trouble shooting procedure, I would recommend downloading the free app Buddy TV Guide, assuming it is compatible, and see if it can change channels properly, at least you would know if it is inherent with your LG Google TV or just the specific app you are using. I haven't confirmed yet that the Prime Time app won't properly change channels here but you are not the first person I have seen report this issue. I know the Buddy TV Guide changes channels properly with my TiVoHD and OTA.