Quantcast

Google TV remote with a PC?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by caffeinepills, Aug 16, 2013.

1. caffeinepills

caffeinepills New Member

I currently have my computer setup as a home theater, but am looking for a good remote. They seem to be very hard to come by. I remember seeing some of the Google TV remotes, example being Sony's NSZ-GS7/8 and it looks great.

It's backlit, has a track pad, keyboard on the back, is an actual remote, etc. It also seems to be Bluetooth. I was just wondering if anyone has successfully attached this to their PC to see how it operates, if at all?

I have searched around but haven't found anyone that has tried this. Most of the results are about using your phone as a remote to control Google TV.

Thanks for any help

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I haven't used either the NSG-MR5U or NSG-MR7U with a PC, controllers included with the NSZ-GS7 and NSZ-GS8 respectively, both are Bluetooth. I have used the Logitech K700 Google TV full sized qwerty keyboard with a PC and it is my favorite wireless keyboard for use with a PC, it is RF, not Bluetooth, and it is not backlit. If you have tried a full sized keyboard to control a PC and don't like it, you probably won't like the K700 either. I also use a K700 to control my Sony NSZ-GS7, preferring it over the small qwerty keypad NSG-MR5U.

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member