Quantcast

Google TV Remote App Comes To iOS

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Mar 15, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google TV Remote App Comes to iOS (click for full article)

by Ian Kersey - March 14, 2013

"If you are an iPhone user who currently is in possession of a Google TV, you can now say goodbye to traditional remotes. Google has released its Google TV Remote app for iOS, giving iPhone users an experience that once was limited to Android owners.

The app features a mouse pad, arrow keys and a full range of the usual buttons. It allows users to turn the TV and AVR off and on, which lets them use their device as the primary remote. The app provides a voice search function, which opens up a whole new way to find your favorite programming.

Once you've downloaded the app, simply connect to the same wireless network as your Google TV, launch the Google TV Remote app and you're set.

Head here to download the app. Sorry international users, the app is only available in the U.S for now."

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

Umm... The Google TV remote app has been available for iOS for years. Actually I'm looking at the app store now on my gf's iPhone 5 and it says the app was last updated on March 16th, 2011.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Interesting. I was sent several articles today about this (from Google as part of my Google TV news subscription updates). Perhaps this represents a new version or update?

4. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Yep I've had it on my iphone for maybe a year now. It is not showing as having any updates. I actually checked to see if it was updated last night. Still says last updated March 16, 2011