Quantcast

Google tv media player.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by trudinh, May 19, 2011.

1. trudinh

trudinh New Member

I got a sony blue ray google tv box. i bought and download a couple of movie and trying to stream them off of my pc with the media player. But it lag like the video play 30sec then freeze up for 5 sec and resume playing again. the video is about 5gb 720p.

is it the box fault?
    or is it im on wireless?
    or my pc lag? well i have a 2.1 ghz 4g ram.?

PS. when i rewind or fastforward it lagg as hell and sometime it google tv media player freeze up.

2. rajesh78

rajesh78 New Member

i have the same issue when playing larger files. i thinks its the limitation of the home wireless router.

3. trudinh

trudinh New Member

so it not the google tv fault?
    someone told me the player can stream up to 11gb.
    so what the point of 11gb when it will lag like sht at 5gb..

4. trudinh

trudinh New Member

i really like the streaming feature of the media player hope it get better cause i like to store all my movie on my pc cause it have more storage.

5. phantomandy

phantomandy New Member

I would first check your Wireless Router. Is it a 802.11n series router?

In order to stream high bitrate files (in other words, HD content like 720 or 1080 resolution videos) you'll need to have your host PC (source for your file) and your Google TV connected to an N wireless router, or use a wired connection on a virtually any other standard router.

I can successfully stream full HD content WITHOUT transcoding the video from my PC (Connected with a wired connection to my 802.11n router) to my Google TV (Connected wirelessly using the 802.11n wireless protocol with a link speed of 150mbits). The video plays fine. The only issue is the format my computer saves recorded TV in (using BeyondTV) is a .tp file (Program Stream). This format isn't supported by the built in GTV Media Player. My work around has been to either stream using the web interface of TVersity or to convert the saved TV programs to an AVI file (some quality loss but easier to access using a different DLNA server called Serviio - I had issues with TVersity).

As an FYI: You could always store your movie files on an external hard drive and plug that into your Google TV. Then you don't have to worry about the wireless link speed.

Alternatively: If your computer is using a DLNA server that is transcoding your video on the fly, the lag could be due to the transcoding lagging behind. If that's the case you could try without transcoding to see if that resolves your issue. It's hard to guess the exact cause of the issue without having more information on how your are sharing your video file(s) (i.e. DLNA server 3rd party client, Windows Media Player DLNA client, etc.)

6. trudinh

trudinh New Member

but if it the connect that making it lag then how come when i click on the back button or rewind or fast forward the media player on the sony blue ray just lag out and stop responding and just freeze up then i have to like force restart.

7. trudinh

trudinh New Member

and i got another question, i heard the revue has a 4g ram memory and sony blue ray has like 200mb of ram i think. will this cause a problem of lag when the market place come out with the apps and stuff. i mean wont some apps need more ram memory.