Quantcast

Google TV lets you watch what you want !!!

Discussion in 'More News from Your Google TV News Team' started by Rickaren, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Google TV lets you watch what you want !!!

February 17th, 2011

Google puts it this way: the traditional way to watch a television show is to wait for it to air on a network, meaning you change your schedule to match that of the show you want to watch. The internet breaks that barrier, allowing you to watch shows whenever you feel like through outlets like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube.With Google TV Programming, you can watch online content out of the confined space of your computer’s monitor and instead play it on your TV – together with standard TV content.

Searching and Browsing With Google TV

Google TV will include a powerful search engine so you can easily find the shows you’re looking for without browsing through lists and guides. When you find a show you want to watch or subscribe to, you can quickly add it to your home screen which makes it just like a traditional TV channel. Google TV merges content from sources like Netflix, YouTube, sports websites, and many other sources along with your traditional television content, so everything is available in one central location.A full version of Google’s Chrome browser will also be included with Google TV, so you can browse the internet just like you would on your computer. You’ll also have access to your photos and web applications like Pandora.

Android and Google TV Programming:-

This is exciting news for Android fans: Google TV Programmers will include the Android Market so you can download and install Android apps right to your television. Beyond that, you can use your Android phone as the remote control for your TV, including voice search.

Getting Google TV is not a Bad Choice:-

Google is working with companies like Sony and LG to integrate Google TV into televisions and BluRay players which will be available exclusively through Best Buy. If you alredy have a TV or BluRay player, you can instead purchase an external Google TV box that will connect to your TV via an HDMI connection. The great news: the Google TV service will be offered completely free (minus the cost of hardware).Future plans have also been announced that Google TV will integrate with video game consoles, like Netflix has done.

SOURCE

2. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Member

Hulu is not on google tv nor will it ever be. This is a bunch of marketing hype. Plus the app store does not exit on google tv.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  3. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey tomcrown1,
    What do you mean by "Plus the app store dies not exit on google tv" do you have the Android app market on your Google TV ?
    Do you have Sony or Logitech ?

4. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Member

I have the logitec revue and the app store is not on google tv. In their facebook page the question has been asked with no reply from google. Until google announces a date for the app store it does not exit.

5. HeathNutso

HeathNutso New Member

I think he's saying there aren't any GoogleTV Android apps that will install on the unit yet. Which I'm pretty sure is true.

And, I have to agree that the original post is nothing but hype at this point. I have the Sony Blu-ray/GoogleTV unit and it can't play even half of what's available out there via a standard computer or my O!Play. And, many times what it can play it plays poorly. YouTube running full screen is a joke on the Sony, it just doesn't work. The only things that play well are Netflix and Crackle. But even the app for Crackle doesn't allow you to browse through their entire selection. And Netflix isn't worth the bother. Most of the movies that they stream are older movies that most people have seen already. I cancelled my account there for that very reason.

Sony really dropped the ball with their unit. If it wasn't a gift I would have returned it the moment I discovered that it wouldn't connect directly to a network drive without running a DLNA server and when I found that most of what's on the internet is blocked from the Sony/GoogleTV unit.

Whether it's GoogleTV, Sony or both I don't know.. but they have a long way to go before they can honestly say you can watch what you want.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  6. inspktr

inspktr New Member

tomcrown1 meant it does not "exist", if it did exist it might have a problem with exit, but it does not "exist".