Quantcast

Google TV just Tweeted about the Revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Scuba769, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Scuba769

Scuba769 New Member

I quote..."Those of you who can't wait for our big software update to reach your Logitech Revue, stay tuned! It's coming in the next few weeks"

At least they are saying something. More than we can say for Logitech.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Ahhh...another few weeks. Well at least it is coming that is the good news.

3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

thats what they said a few weeks ago.. but ok take them at their word,,
    im not so sure logitech will abandon the revue in total.. im not sure what the total number of production are but,, it may be a lot,, and it might be better to staff some support and dev for future up dates rather then risk, the horrid PR back lash this may cause,, but to look at it from google perspective,, its even worse.. we are advert for google tv.. its not at all in there best interest to let ruvue just die on the vine. they may take up the roll of support just so they dont have to deal with such a horrid PR disaster,, i mean if they cant clean up this mess and spin a little so we get some kinda warm and fuzzy for google.. then next year when the new google Tv comes out how well will it be adopted if we... express our anger in every possible outlet.. word of mouth is a very powerfull thing.. all needs have happen is cut the revue loose with no further support and watch the backlash.... it may be better just to try and keep us hapy,, im not sure how much bad publicity will do... but looks and how sour the first launch of google was... and that was before the hardware maker scuttled the ship... how bad will the next launch be with a bunch of angry owners.. not just a few,, but most every logitech revue owner..

it just might be better to eat the loss and keep us happy...

mho

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  4. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Okay..but it's getting close to major holidays, and I smell a support rush coming on...hope Google is hiring seasonal help! LOL!

5. Mar

Mar New Member

IMO Logitech is leaving the Google TV platform. I read another article that included an interview with the Logitech CEO and he sounded bitter about the platform. The Revue was greenlighted by his predecessor and both he and the company view it as a huge mistake. Huge mistakes get left behind, and IMO that's Logitech will do with the Revue. I don't expect any further updates after the Honeycomb update, unless Google breaks precedent and pushes them without the manufacturer's support.

6. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Member

strange logitec bloged that the update will be out before year end, more like 12/31/11.

7. usnret

usnret New Member

A Merry Xmas app included perchance??