Quantcast

Google TV Goes Prime Time, Looks So Sweet On The Vizio Co-Star (NEW JUST RELEASED)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

The NEW Just released "Google TV PrimeTime" is now available for download/Update, looks so sweet on the Vizio Co-Star .... If you don't have PrimeTime as of yet, then go here for the download https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUudHYuYWxmIl0 ........

Description

PrimeTime for Google TV helps you find what's on live, on-demand, and the web.
    PrimeTime for Google TV works for you so you never miss out. Bringing together everything on your cable/satellite TV, Netflix, YouTube, and all sorts of other Internet streaming sites, PrimeTime recommends the best content for you to watch. Whether you're in the mood for hilarious comedy or spine tingling suspense, you can quickly find something good without scrolling through hundreds of channels or changing the input on your TV. Features:
    * Works with your existing cable or satellite TV subscription
    * Quick Guide lets you browse while watching TV or streaming from any app
    * Find your favorite episodes in one place whether it's live or on-demand, on your TV or on the web
    * Filters make it easy to find free/paid, on now/soon, and HD/SD content
    * Add your favorite channels and shows and save movies to your movie queue
    * Provides real-time personalized recommendations as you watch and rate content and use the app
    * Includes movies and shows from Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and others

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

I did not expect the Google TV PrimeTime app to be offered so fast ....! Now huh, I'm wondering when the new "Quick Guide" addition will be offered, which lets you browse while watching TV or streaming from any app..... Will it be coming just as fast as the Google TV PrimeTime app .....?

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Remember Who Gave You Voice Command Via The Vizio Co-Star First (Featuring Yet To Be Technology) Slightly Ahead Of Our Times .....(lol)

4. thedude

thedude Member

So two things...

Why did Sony only put the remote with a microphone on the BluRay unit and not the standalone? Seems like a really bad decision now.

When will we see a "Nexus" GTV? Who in their right mind would want to suffer all the additional waiting for these GTV updates if it wasn't necessary?

Perhaps they can port GTV to the Nexus Q...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My current Android smartphone in the above photos is what the current version Google TV remote with "Voice Search" (Voice Command With Total Recall) looks like at this time ....

You can expect a total brand new Google TV "Voice Search" (Voice Command With Total Recall) remote control app coming from Google within the next several weeks or sooner ...

I don't believe Google will take a long time with the coming updates, because Google is on a roll now, yeah .....!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I have a couple of opinions on why Google has not come out with a Nexus Google TV yet.

1) Sales of Google TV devices pale in comparison to tablets & phones. A recent report said there are 1 million Nexus 7 tablets being sold per month. This is quite good. On the other hand I believe the total number of GTV devices sold since initial launch is somewhere between 1.5 to 2 million devices. Very little if any profit is made on the hardware for the Nexus devices (Google makes the the lion's share of the money on the back-end from sales of content through Google Play Store and advertising sales).

2) Now that we already have $99 GTV devices - the impact of a Nexus GTV box wouldn't be as great as if the current boxes were more expensive.

3) It has already been somewhat of a struggle getting hardware manufacturers to adopt Google TV - if Google came out with a super-duper Nexus box with more features and at a lower cost than independent manufacturers could feel comfortable with - they (Google) would run the risk of alienating the other GTV manufacturers. Google appears to be comfortable supplying the GTV software for other independent manufacturers. It's essentially the same marketing strategy they used to build android phones into a big success.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  7. thedude

thedude Member

There are certainly perils to disrupting such a fragile ecosystem, but I would still prefer the pure Google experience.

Waiting while Logitech bungled the Honeycomb update was entirely too painful. Speaking as someone who owns 4 Nexus devices, there is no substitute for getting the code the same day Google releases it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

8. bdcfam

bdcfam New Member

When I click guide on my vizio co star remote I get my dish network guide not the mini primetime guide like I see in the video. Also if I click on the primetime app it looks just like the old app except now it shows HD next to the shows. Anyone have any suggestions?

9. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

The quick guide prime time is still being rolled out. It will appear eventually.

10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

11. thedude

thedude Member

My app was labeled Primetime as of last night on the Revue. I definitely see some changes and enhancements but I agree there isn't the transparent overlay stuff. To be honest I didn't expect that work on my busted old Revue anyway...

$uploadfromtaptalk1353068800668.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Like I said the curren PrimeTime app will be updated with the working "Quick Guide", follow the hangout video link, they said it will work with the Revue too ...

13. thedude

thedude Member

Heck. I would settle for a working browser on the Revue. Mine is basically an enhanced remote control because of the burdened hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  14. mdvalenz

mdvalenz New Member

Primetime looks the same as the TV and Movies channel it replaced. Not sure what changes were made other than the title. I really want the quickguide feature. It will be nice to browse while watching a show.

15. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

16. rtalain

rtalain New Member

If you press Guide while on the Primetime app, what happens? I just got a Hisense, and I thought it had the same Primetime version as my CoStar, because pressing Guide while watching Live TV only gave me my Channel Guide. And checking Options in the Primetime App gave no mention of Quick Guide. But I accidentally pressed Guide while on the Primetime app and I got the Quick Guide, but it only works when I'm in the App, not during Live TV. It may be a Comcast thing; anybody else get Quick Guide, but only on the Primetime app?

Ron

17. Haggie

Haggie New Member

I just had to do a factory reset of my Co-Star. Not a big deal until I realized that I had to re-enter all my favorite channel info and then delete a bunch of channels I don't watch, etc, etc...

Is there any way to back-up PrimeTime settings, so I could just reload them if I have to do another factory reset?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

A very good question, to the best of my knowledge I don't think so ....

19. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

Would be nice also if our movie ratings would be backed up to our google accounts too.

• Like Like x 2
  20. clach02

clach02 New Member

I'm also having the where the guide button doesn't bring up Primetimes mini guide. After troubleshooting i can use it but only shows up if the tv is in PIP mode. Even after a full reset... And i only changes to the channel about 25% of the time. Its a mess, any suggestions??? Im using directv dvr hr20-700 with the Costar.