Quantcast

Google TV for Business Help

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by televerde, Sep 13, 2011.

1. televerde

televerde New Member

Our company purchased a Sony Google TV to display call center reports and stats during business hours via Flash reports. There is no TV connection, HDMI, Coax, and Component hookups, only Ethernet. We are running into the following challenges. Any ideas or solutions would be great. Thanks in advance;

GOAL: Not to have to interact with the TV to get it to display flash reports using Chrome from an internal website during business days/hours!!

1. We want to use Chrome to display Flash reports from an internal website during business days/hours. We attempted to enable the Instant On feature and use Timer to turn the set on and off when needed. After a period of time when powered off (over night) the Instant On feature will not work due to the TV shutting way down to use less energy. Can you disable this deep sleep or extreme power off state so the Instant On will work the next business morning when the timer turns the TV on? OR do we have to leave them running all the time (yuck!).
    2. When the TV does shut way down and you have to turn it back on, it will display a message stating no Component or HDMI connection is detected, or something similar (Retry or Cancel). Any way to disable this detection for these connections?
    3. Any way to auto launch a website when the TV is turned on? Probably not, but I want to ask.
    4. Timer only has a max on time of 6 hours. Any way to increase this?
    5. What would you do if you had a Mon - Fri 6am-5pm company needing to auto display flash content from a website on a large LCD and needed to shut it down after hours and weekends?

Thank you....

2. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Hello, I'm a logitech revue owner, so I don't know a lot about the Sony GTV. ..

For the second point, I would try to plug an HDMI cable with nothing at the other end, just to see if that is enought to stop the message.

I hope the HC update will bring some of the features you need, like a schedule task to open a website when the tv turns on. From what I read, I think a mini-laptop would have been a better choice, but you certainly consider it and have other reasons to go with a Sony GTV.

Thanks