Quantcast

Google TV Feature Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by JohnDroid, Oct 5, 2010.

1. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

I thought a thread with Google TV feature suggestions / wishlist would be kind of cool... so here it is.

I was thinking today how awesome it would be if I could search what's on TV based on my favorite actor. Let's just say I'm in the mood to watch Gene Hackman take on the world... and let's not forget that at any given time there should either be Gene Hackman or Michael Caine on any given channel at any given time (The Caine-Hackman theory)

I should be able to punch that actor's name into the search bar and it should check IMDB for the movies he's been in and see if any are playing at that time or in the very near future so I can be sure to bookmark it and watch it.

What do you think?

2. networkbuilder

networkbuilder Member

:cool::cool:OMG...where to begin..........awsome

3. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

I don't know it this will be part of the Google TV but I would love to be able to search files on a network connected PC and be able to stream video and audio files through the Revue.

4. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

I haven't heard of any "media playing" apps yet but I'm sure that would be a popular add-on.

5. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

Looks like we will be able to pull media directly from networked Computers and External HDDs!

6. patitdude

patitdude New Member

I like the concept of Google TV but it needs to mature faster.
    Logitech Revue:
    ==========================
    Google Chrome
    1.) Treat it like a browser so the user can install plugins (ie., Silverlight) even it comes from an App store (free).
    2.) 99.9999% of sites are not coded as a Google TV, so allow the user to change the browser's vertical scrollbar to show up as a different color other than white. Give the control to the user to customize their experience.
    3.) Have a better interface to create bookmarks (TV or web sites).
    4.) Allow this browser to have the same HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript as the normal Chrome browser (8.x).
    5.) Allow the user to bookmark every TV channel they see via the keyboard or their STB remote.

7. slaZ

slaZ New Member

It would be nice if Google TV detects video streaming on a web page (not just for YouTube), and send it over to the YouTube app/etc. Using Google TV to watch flashed based video from the web browser is horribly slow due to the need for navigation on pages full of ads/flash ads, etc.

Release the GTV source sooner and make (or open up) a developer version of the device. Some of the early limitations of the Revue are weird (such as the hd capacity limit) considering the box is Linux based. :p