Quantcast

google tv doesn't manage to automatically tune in to channel from search app

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by warlikepoem, Oct 20, 2012.

1. warlikepoem

warlikepoem New Member

Hi all,

I've just switched my cable box to a TiVo Premiere. I have a Sony TV with Google TV built-in. I can't get something to work that used to work just fine. From the search bar, when you search for a channel name, or a program that's currently playing, you'll get that station as a result and clicking or pressing enter on it is supposed to tune into that channel. This no longer works; when I click, the search app disappears (which is fine), but the channel is not changed (normally, changing the channel is done by emitting the corresponding IR codes. Now, the TiVo doesn't receive any IR commands). Moreover, the IR blaster enters a curious mode, where pressing any button on the doesn't do anything. But, if I press the "TV" button, nothing happens for that key press, but the remote comes back to its normal mode, and now the buttons work properly and control the TiVo again.
    I'm using IR code 40739 to control the box.
    Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Does your Google TV support the IR Blaster Cables as that is what you may need to plug in to your google tv. I know I need them when using my google tv with dish network. Also make sure the ir blaster cable is close to the Tivo IR reciever.

I have my IR blaster cable directly on top of my dish dvr with the IR blaster right near the sweet spot and if it moves , it does the same thing your experiancing now with your tivo.

Oh I forgot to say , if you switched boxes you will need to go back in to your google tv and remove the old boxes settings and reprogram it to see the new box unless they are the same type boxes.