Quantcast

Google TV doesn't connect with Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by Pitufo, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Pitufo

Pitufo New Member

I have a Mac Mini (2011) connected via ethernet to a motorola cable modem (comcast) with internet sharing turned on. My two iphones see the network and connect to it. Sony Google TV STB also sees the network but gets stuck at "Connecting to <network name>". Is there something about the signal from the Mac Mini that the Sony box doesn't like? Should I extend the network with an airport express? Anybody with any ideas on how to get the Sony STB to connect to my Mac Mini wirelessly?

2. Pitufo

Pitufo New Member

Problem solved. Apparently, the MAc Mini's "Internet Sharing" isn't all that compatible. My solution was to use my airport express to create the wireless network and connect via ethernet to the cable modem. I then joined that network with my Mac Mini. Google TV connected immediately and has worked fine ever since.

3. Richard F

Richard F New Member

@Pitufo, Can you put that into simpler terms for me? What is Airport express? Currently I have it on the same wireless network as the Google TV. Not sure what I am missing .. Your response would sincerely be appreciated. Thanks!