Quantcast

Google TV can't find TV Providers for any zip codes

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by paddyarizona, Jan 12, 2017.

1. paddyarizona

paddyarizona New Member

I've had a Logitech Revue since late 2010, and a few months back I purchased another lightly-used Revue on eBay. I had a little trouble setting it up initially (Google Play Store not working), but since then the device has stabilized and is working nicely.

Then today, I accidentally deleted the configured TV Provider (DirecTV Genie Mini C51-100 set-top box). I went to add it back, but I'm having no luck. Firstly, when I try to add a TV provider, it doesn't detect my DirecTV set-top box anymore. Then, when I try to add a set-top box manually, it tells me it can't find any providers for my local zip code. I've tried valid zip codes for all across the USA (CA, AZ, TX, IL, NY, FL) and it can't find ANY providers for any zip code. I'm stuck with a generic TV source!

I've taken my router out of the equation, connecting directly to my cable modem via ethernet - no dice. I've connected to my cell phone wireless hotspot - no dice. I've done a factory reset on the Logitech Revue, and when it gets to the point where it tries to setup the TV provider, it keeps saying there are no providers for my zip code (or any other zip code).

Any ideas anyone?

2. Welson

Welson New Member

Exactly same problem here. No zip code works and "00000" used in the past also fails. Not able to define my cable TV model and remote useless for it.

We need a hack to pass this...

• Like Like x 1
  3. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

I read somewhere else that Google took down the server sometime last year. So no zipcode will work, people with LG google tv that reset them can't get over the air channels again.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

4. Miof

Miof New Member

Same issue with my LG. Did you guys fix the issue?

5. paddyarizona

paddyarizona New Member

No resolution. In fact, this was the response from Logitech Customer Care...

Based on our troubleshooting steps, it seems that this is a hardware issue with the Logitech Revue. The best option would be to check on its warranty to see if a replacement can be granted.

So, despite the fact that it happens to multiple people on multiple devices, Logitech would like to call it a "hardware issue". I disputed this finding with them, and got NO RESPONSE.

6. Miof

Miof New Member

This is ... sad :(