Quantcast

Google TV Apps on Chrome App Store?

Discussion in 'Google TV Development Discussion' started by sebeticus, Jan 20, 2012.

1. sebeticus

sebeticus New Member

Someone told me in passing that you can run Google TV Apps in Chrome. Can anyone provide a good reference on this subject if it's true?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

GTV doesn't currently support Chrome plug-ins from the Chrome store. However it was mentioned that it is a possibility for the future - and that Google is currently working on it.

You can view "web apps" with the Chrome browser (these are web sites that are optimized for GTV). There is a listing of these GTV optimized sites in the Spotlight section here:

Spotlight Gallery - Google TV

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. CrunQ

CrunQ New Member

hello developers, my question goes in the same direction, so i dont create a new thread.

how can i publish my web app for google tv?
    from where it is accessable/distributed?

do we host the app and google publish only the link or Who host the web app?

thank in advance

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That is entirely up to you. Your choice of web hosting services is a financial decision which only you can make. Once your Google TV optimized website is available then you can submit it for review to be added to the Google TV Spotlight. Otherwise you could code your app in Java with the Android SDK for the Dalvik Virtual Machine for any Android Device. Then you can submit the app for distribution by Google in the Android Market Place.

5. CrunQ

CrunQ New Member

Many many thanks for the quick response eferz.
    I have still one question after that i can start to develop.

Suppose i decide to develop in java. i need for my project UPnP.
    I know that i can take in Android Cling, wich is a Java/Android UPnP library and tools.

Am i free to use 3rd party libraries like Cling or are they any restriction for tv.

Tanks again

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Well, as I understand you should have no problem with 3rd party libraries as long as they don't make invalid or unauthorized function calls. I know for a fact that Avia uses Cling in their app for DLNA/Upnp compatibility. btw