Quantcast

Google TV Apps Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Rickaren, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Google TV Has Appeared

JUNE 21, 2011

In a move toward the long-promised inclusion of the Android Market on Google TV, the Google TV Box has at last made an appearance on the market’s page of “My devices”. I checked my account today and was greeted with the appearance of Google TV as one of my devices. Unfortunately, I still can’t download any apps to it. I’m pretty stoked, however, as this is one of the main reasons I bought into Google TV in the first place. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy it as it is but the inclusion of the Market on it would bring it to a whole new level of usefulness.

Just a day ago Google bought up Sage TV also, in a move to bring even more functionality to Google TV, and perhaps relaunch the struggling platform. The inclusion of Google TV as a supported device is in keeping with Google promise at IO this year that the Google TV platform would be getting a Honeycomb update this summer, and that update would bring the Android Market with it. Expect a pretty limited selection of TV apps at first, as this is not really territory that’s been open to developers for very long. Fortunately, there’s a lot of people willing to give it a go, so I’m Pretty confident that within a year’s time, when Google TV Gen 2 boxes come around, you’ll have a much better end-user experience.

SOURCE

2. Chiron16

Chiron16 New Member

Sweet... the article update says that Aug or Sept....