Quantcast

Google Tv Android Remote App is not working with Sony Google Tv NSZ-GT1

Discussion in 'Sony NSZ-GT1' started by googletv79, Jul 30, 2013.

1. googletv79

googletv79 New Member

I installed Google TV app from play store in android phone(S4), i was trying to connect my s4 as remote in home network, it keep says couldnot find google tv, i try to add manually its failing.

Any help is appreciated. It used to work with my old phone, now its not working with old phone also. Is there problem with google tv or something else?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try going to settings and clear data from the app. If that doesn't work then try uninstalling the app and installing it again.

Also try rebooting your Google TV and router.

If it's still not working try the Able Remote app and see if that works.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  3. googletv79

googletv79 New Member

Thanks for your reply, but i already did these

I uninstalled the app and re install - didn't work
    I did format on google tv - that didn't work
    I tried able remote - still it couldn't find the google tv in my network

My google tv is connected to ethernet (not wifi), i connected to wifi also that didn't help much.

I try to put the ip address manually in app that didn't help, same error couldn't find

This started happening after they release some update in google tv i believe, but i am not sure

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Does the Google Play Store and your other apps work OK on your Sony NSZ-GT1?

Here is another app you can try - it's called the Sony TV SideView app. It's supposed to work with the Sony NSZ-GT1:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.tvsideview.phone&hl=en

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also under your GT1 settings you can go to Settings/ Input device / Manage Ip remotes and under this you can see if your phone is listed under Paired Ip remotes. Also from those settings on your GT1 make sure that the box is check-marked where it says: "Connect to new IP & remotes"

If none of the remote apps work for you the problem could be with your router. Have you tried rebooting your router? In the following thread a few suggestions for the remote app not working mentioned the router as a possible cause:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/logitech-revue/4225-neither-remote-app-working.html

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  5. googletv79

googletv79 New Member

Thanks for your response.

As you suggested I installed side view its not finding my google tv and I verified "Connect to new IP & remotes" checked.

Also i did the reboot and changed some settings nothing helped. Mostly my router has an issue, because my LG P769 used to connect wifi, not if i move away from that router 10 steps its not finding my network. But wifi works perfectly with my S4 and laptop. Something weired happening in router or my google tv and LG phone. I will change my router and give the update.

Thanks once again

6. googletv79

googletv79 New Member

Still Not working

in Router I set the band to 5, i changed to 2.4 my LG phone and all other WIFI started working fine.

But Google TV is still not accessible from my phone. I installed aVia to share the photos, but from my phone even that server is not visible or from google tv my phone avia sever is not visible.

Any help is appreciated.