Quantcast

google tv and yahoo mail

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by soleanik, Mar 22, 2011.

1. soleanik

soleanik New Member

I have the Logitech Revue and I am having an issue with Yahoo Mail. I am able to read my mail but not able to respond (it just hangs and says "Loading"). Note that this did work in Nov/Dec but stopped working around January.

I have 2 devices and it doesnt work on either on. I have tried rebooting both of them..

thanks!
    Susan

susan4@gmail.com

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

Well that sux. I don't really have a good solution for your problem but I do have some thoughts. I don't have Yahoo but maybe it has an option like Gmail and Hotmail to enable you to use a lite version of the web email client which may work better.

You could also configure your Gmail to fetch your Yahoo email if you pay Yahoo for POP/IMAP support which I think they don't offer for free.

Frankly I tested Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail and I found that Gmail offered the better product. So get rid of that Yahoo account and let everyone know.

Another nice feature of Gmail is that you can use it with your own domain name for free for up 50 email accounts. It is called Google Apps. So if you own a domain name or you always wanted to have your own domain name then email for up to 50 people only cost you like $9 a year for the registration of the Domain name.

The fact that you said it worked in Nov/Dec but stopped working in Jan to says that it wasn't the Revue that changed since there were no updates in Jan. So it was probably some change Yahoo did to their website.

Perhaps someone else can offer more advice if they use Yahoo email.

3. harley man

harley man New Member

i have yahoo mail and the revue the only problem i have is i can not get from yahoo home page i have to go to yahoo mail.com maybe you could try that and you did say you did a reboot was it a soft or a hard reboot if you did a soft i would do a hard reboot ( unplug)

4. soleanik

soleanik New Member

yes, we did a hard boot, we will try going to yahoo.mail.com, i think in general we go to the search box and search for yahoo mail and then click on it

5. galfert

galfert Active Member

I you all meant http://mail.yahoo.com ....not yahoo.mail.com

I just wanted to clarify this, as this is good information that could help someone else.

6. soleanik

soleanik New Member

I wanted to get back to everyone and report that going directly to mail.yahoo.com seems to be working. Thank you very much for your help!!