Quantcast

Google TV and Logitech Revue AND a compatible DVR??

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by bamboo, Apr 16, 2011.

1. bamboo

bamboo New Member

Google TV and Logitech Revue AND a compatible DVR??

I have searched for many hours trying to find a compatible DVR for Google TV/Logitech Revue in hopes there would be some discussion about the viability of such a connection. Should I assume that it doesn't exist?

I have seen references to this question, but no clear "Yes, and here are two marvelous devices," or "No, there is no good solution at this time to connect a DVR to the GTVLR."

Are there other solutions to storing internet content that is oftered only at specific times to be watched at a later time? I'm new at this because I have been a DirecTV user or cable user and want to move away from being a "captured customer." Thanks, bamboo

2. Monica

Monica New Member

I work for DISH Network and they have three receivers that are compatible with the Logitech Revue. The ViP 622, ViP 722, and ViP 722k are all compatible with the Revue and are all HD dual tuner DVRs. If you have any more questions feel free to ask; I’ll be happy to answer. :)

3. galfert

galfert Active Member

Internet content is not possible to be stored on any DVR with Google TV.

Google TV was developed to work with just about any DVR from any cable/satellite/telco company in the US. If your provider is Dish then you have added functionality in being able to through Google TV tell it to record Satellite TV programing, and it will also search what you stored on the DVR. If you don't have Dish you just have to do these recording functions through your DVR's native interface...which you can still use the the Google TV remote to do so though.

I don't understand the "captured customer" comment. I have three choices for TV service....Local Cable Co, Satellite (Dish or Direct TV), and AT&T U-verse and I can choose any one of them anytime I wish to switch and Google TV would work with anyone of these providers. (Verizon FIOS TV is also compatible)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011