Quantcast

Google TV and comcast incoming call

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by MarkJohnson, Jun 6, 2011.

1. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson New Member

Does anyone have comcast and google tv? Can anyone help me out that when the phone rings a notification appears on the google tv. It tells you who is calling. How do you disable the notification? Can anyone help me out?

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

That sounds like you should check out the menus in your comcast box as more then likely its set up to display caller id at the moment as google tv does not do that , that I know of. From what I read elsewhere, usally you hit menu on your comcast box and go to ITV or interactive tv and your supposed to find caller id somewhere there from what other boards say.

I would seriously look at your comcast box setup before looking at the google tv for that feature as I never seen my google tv do that except when I turned that feature on in my dish receiver.

• Like Like x 2
  3. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

Do you have the TV Cam and have you setup Logitech Vid?

4. rtalain

rtalain New Member

It's a Comcast "feature", not at all related to Google TV. It's definitely accessible through Comcast's online menu, but are you sure you're actually watching Google TV when it comes up? I like the notification, but it only comes up if I'm watching Live TV or something saved on the Comcast DVR. If I'm truly on Google TV, surfing the web, watching Netflix, HBO Go, etc., the notification does NOT show up; even though I wish it would.

Ron