Quantcast

Google TV and Cableone?

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by jralabate, Jan 25, 2012.

1. jralabate

jralabate New Member

Does anyone have a GTV and Cableone? Does it work well together? Cuz I'm hoping to get GTV soon.

Sent via Tapatalk using a Nexus S 4G powered by Kangs CM7 kickin' it old skool.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If you're referring to (Digital Cable TV Service Provider) and their cable TV service, then it should work as long as they provide an set-top box with HDMI output. Integrated control might be a concern if the Google TV device you choose does not have the proper IR codes to control it. But, you'd at least be able to control the cable box with its original remote.

3. jralabate

jralabate New Member

Yes I for have a digital STB with HDMI out its a Motorola DCT6412 III & my Logitech Harmony 520 remote will control it

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Then a Logitech Revue will work. I don't know whether or not the Sony Google TV devices have the IR codes for your device though.

5. jralabate

jralabate New Member

Cool I'm lookin to get the revue