Quantcast

Google TV Adds MOVL WeDraw

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Rickaren, May 27, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Press Release: Google TV Adds MOVL WeDraw Application to Spotlight Portal

Thursday, May 19th, 2011

Social Application Connects Smartphones with Google TV-Equipped Devices, Transforming Smart TVs into the Ultimate Game Board

ATLANTA (May 18, 2011)—MOVL, a start-up technology company providing connectivity between smartphones and smart TVs through its proprietary MOVL Connect® Platform and innovative social applications, today announced the immediate availability of its WeDraw gaming application on any Google TV-equipped device through the Google TV Spotlight portal. WeDraw brings families and friends together for fun-filled game play, displaying action from the small screen of a smartphone or tablet on the big screen of a smart television, making the game an interactive and exciting experience using today’s most advanced technologies. The WeDraw app is also available to Samsung 2010 HDTV users through the Samsung Apps store.

Developed as a multi-player drawing game, WeDraw allows players take turns drawing words on the touchscreen of their iPhone, iPad, Android, or Galaxy device for others to guess; all sketches and guesses are simultaneously displayed on the connected smart television screen. Appropriate for all ages and free to download, players win points by correctly guessing words such as spoon, elbow, ping pong, suitcase, triplets, and broom faster than their opponents. The drawer is also awarded points for their work of art once the word is guessed correctly by another player, with the highest scoring player awarded WeDraw winner at the end of each round.

“MOVL’s Connect platform is bringing a level of functionality to smart TVs that is unprecedented and we anticipate that it will continue to evolve as the standards for connectivity between mobile devices and smart TVs evolve,” said Juan Pablo Gnecco, CEO of MOVL. “We are proud to have Google TV as an early adopter of the WeDraw application and are excited to provide their users with an entirely new game-play experience that allows them to truly interact with their Google-powered television.”
    Activating the WeDraw game is done in a few short steps within several minutes. Once the WeDraw application has been installed on users’ devices, players simply log into the game on their Google smart TV and enter the four-digit code that is displayed on the screen. Once two or more users are logged on, one of the players is selected at random to draw first and is given a secret word that is only displayed on their device. The artist’s sketches are simultaneously drawn on the smartphone or iPad screen and displayed in real time on the television while other players follow along on the screen and type their guesses using their smart device keypad or touch screen. Communicating seamlessly, the WeDraw application and MOVL Connect® Platform combine classic game play with new smart TV functionality, resulting in a game of creation with a creative twist.

To demo the WeDraw game, visit WeDraw.tv | MOVL. For more information about the company and its applications visit www.movl.com; or connect.movl.com to learn more about the Connect Platform. You can also follow them on Twitter @thinkmovl or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MOVL.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I just tried using WeDraw on my Revue. It told me I had to download an app on my mobile device and then enter a code into my mobile device. I don't have a mobile phone this is useless for me. I wonder why they didn't design it to work with the Google TV keyboard? Actually I don't like most of the 'specially designed' sites om Spotlight (in the same vein as I don't really like YouTube Leanback). I find them generally to be buggy, hard to navigate, video stutters and freezes. I prefer just going to web sites with the chrome browser. I also noticed that some sites on Spotlight automatically stream in HD with no way to adjust the stream to SD. I don't think this is a good idea as not everyone will have a fast enough broadband for HD. Why not use adaptive streaming?

3. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

We draw is quite fun if you have multipule phones/devices and people to play with.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

WeDraw requires a minimum of 2 phones/devies but it is better if you have 3+ people with 3+ phones/devices.

Catfishrivers,
    If you take a minute to view some videos explaining how WeDraw works you'll understand why WeDraw requires other devices to work. It is meant to be a game that multiple people play simultaneously....so you can't share the one keyboard....which is why it requires separate input devices for each person.