Quantcast

Google TV 2.0 Update Screenshots on Sony Internet TV

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by eferz, Nov 1, 2011.

1. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This morning, I was woken up by dog barking at the television in the guest room. So, thought I'd take a few pictures to show you the visual journey of the update. Enjoy.

1 of 4 (ImageShack Album - 4 images)
    1. System update - A system update for Android 3.1(Honeycomb) is read to be installed. Your device will restart, and you will not be able to make use of your TV during installation. Please click "More info for additional information and legal terms that apply to this system update. If you agree, please click "Install now".
    2. System updates - 3.1_2011102306 - Download and verified - 271.9MB - The Android 3.1 platform introduces many new and exciting features for users: -Experience a brand new, easy to navigate and customizable Home Screen -Improve your ability to search for what you want to watch with Google TV's new "TV and Movies" application -Enjoy YouTube in HD-quality channels created directly from your search queries. -Access to the new Android Market for TV. Download new forms of entertainment directly to your big screen with a variety of free and pay apps. --- By clicking "Restart & Install" below, you will update the software of this device to Android 3.1 (Honeycomb). Sony's license agreement and Google's Additional Terms of Service and their respective Privacy Polies applicable to your use of this device have been revised. These revised terms and policies can be viewed on this device through the "Settings" menu --> "About" --> "Sony legal" or "Google legal". Sony's legal terms can also be viewed at http://esupport.sony.com/US/GTV_EULA, and If you agree to these terms and policies, please click "Restart & Install".
    3. Updating... Do not unplug the power cable before the system automatically restarts.
    4. Update complete - Congratulations, your Internet TV has been updated. - Check out what's new!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    • Like Like x 4
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

2 of 4 (ImageShack Album - 4 images)
    1. Home - 1 of 5 - The Home key gives you quick access to applications and notifications no matter where you are on your Internet TV
    2. Android Market - 2 of 5 - Android Market has arrived! Launch it from Home and make your TV what you want it to be.
    3. TV & Movies - 3 of 5 - TV & Movies is a new way to find out what's available on TV and the web all in one place.
    4. Search Google TV - 4 of 5 - Press the Search key to find * TV Shows * TV channels * Websites ...and much more!

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

3 of 4 (ImageShack Album - 4 images)
    1. Menu - 5 of 5 - Press the Menu key to reveal any available options. Try it in Home or Google Chrome to see what's under the hood.
    2. Help make Google TV better - [ ] Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google.
    3. Usage statistics contain aggregated information as preferences, button clicks, and memory usage. It does not include web page URLs or any personal information. Crash reports contain system information at the time of the crash, which may include web page URLs or personal information. - Additionally, we collect some information on device-level events, such as crashes, that are temporarily associated with your Google Account and used to provide customer service.
    4. About - System updates - System tutorial: Learn about the key features of Google TV - Model Number: Internet TV - Firmware version: 3.1 - Build number: 2011102306_AAV_ORSC.20111023214229 - Contact Sony: Website and phone contact for Sony product support - Legal Information

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

4 of 4 (ImageShack Album - 4 images)
    1. Your system is currently up to date - Last checked for update at 7:52am.
    2. Netflix screen with Paranormal Activity 2 selected
    3. Netflix screen with Paranormal Activity 2 options: Play, Add to instant Queue, Rate this title, Audio and subtitles
    4. Netflix screen with Paranormal Activity 2 Audio and subtitles options: English (Stereo), Subtitles: None, English (CC)

5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

^^^ looks good!

BTW, does Netflix support adaptive streaming (1080p)? (the video usually start at a low and ramp up to high, takes about 30 sec to reach good PQ).

Also, Does it bitstream 5.1DD+ audio (via HDMI)? & is subtitles/5.1DD+ audio menu active?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It looks like it might be 1080p, I used Iron Man 2 as a comparison with a Blu-Ray disc and streaming through Netflix on a Roku 2 XS connected to the same television. Obviously, the Blu-Ray player's PQ wipes the floor on Netflix regardless of the streaming device. Whereas, the Roku 2 XS despite indications that its streaming HD didn't look anything like 1080p.

I'm guessing it was streaming at 720p on the Roku if it was actually streaming in HD at all. It's a shame too since this is Roku's top-end model and its connected via Gigabit Ethernet. Comparing the text translation during the scene in the beginning when Micky Rourke is talking to his dying father in Russian, the text seemed to have blurry, soft edges on the Roku 2 XS where it was crisp and sharp from the Netflix app of the Sony Internet TV.

Unfortunately, my Playstation 3 has been sent to Sony for repairs due to the Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) problems. So, its difficult for me to tell which titles actually have 5.1 support. However from a quick scan of a few titles I would suspect has 5.1 compatibility, it doesn't appear it currently has any options for 5.1 audio output.

7. BDot

BDot New Member

Have you tried out the Media Player? Does it recognize NTFS drives or at least multiple FAT drives when plugged into a USB slot?

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Java's navigator object reports:

Adobe's Flash actionscript: flash.system.capabilities

And yes, Hulu's flash actionscript still blocks it Google TV but ESPN3 works again.

9. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Awesome! Thanks eferz! :D (sorry 'bout your PS3..)

edit: hmmm gui looks Roku-ish....esp. Netflix...which I'd say is an improvement.

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it yet. As soon as I get my portable drive back, I'll repartition for two NTFS and two FAT partitions and test that out for you. However, I don't expect it to use more than one partition/drive at a time because of the way that vold.fstab is setup.

11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

"Browser Version: 5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.77 Large Screen Safari/534.24 GoogleTV/214229"

I see it says Browser version 5.0 - but then it also says Chrome/11.0.696.77

I know that with the 2.1 version we had Chrome 5 - but does this mean the 3.1 update comes with Chrome 11?

12. Klein711

Klein711 New Member

That's the only thing I needed to hear!

13. rajesh78

rajesh78 New Member

i have two external drives one with FAT32 and other NTFS. unfortunately GTV did not recognise the NTFS version, but it seamlessly breezed through the FAT32 one.

14. DCAlexandria

DCAlexandria Member

Has anyone tried to go to FOX or another network with the update and watch episodes online?

15. palms

palms New Member

I tried cbs and it did NOT work

16. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Okay, I misinterpreted the mount options. Apparently, it can mount multiple partitions and drives. However, it still doesn't do anything with NTFS partitions. To test it, I had a USB hard drive which had four partitions: NTFSp1, FAT32p2, NTFSp3, and FAT32p4. Only the FAT32 partitions mounted and showed up as options in Sony's Media Player. I then inserted a USB flash drive with a single FAT partition and it mounted that along with the others. So, Media Player (for Sony at least) now finally supports multiple drives / partitions; up to 5 partitions if I'm reading it correctly.

17. Rick44

Rick44 Member

Got the update this morning. Question about tabs. With the old version to close a tab I could hold down the menu, I thin k it was the menu key, and click on the x to close it. You could open a new tab from the options key. Say I've opened a radio station and am listening, and now want to surf the web as well. How do I get out off station page without closing it? I'm browsing a message board, have for 15-20 pages of a thread. I used to just close the tab before through holding down the menu key and then hitting the x for that site's tab. What would be the best way now? I'm guessing the tab option is still there and I'm just missing it. Took me awhile to figure out where my bookmarks were.

18. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I am able to watch the full episode called, "Runaway" of Terra Nova series. However, it was necessary for me to change the Chrome User Agent to Generic and the playback is very low quality and very stutters ever few seconds.

CBS's flash actionscripts are still preventing full episodes to be watched on Google TV 2.0

19. tproenca

tproenca New Member

And about game mode/input lag? Any news about that?

20. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Good question. Unfortunately, my Playstation 3 is off being repaired but I'll go hook up Rockband with the Xbox 360 and see if its still off.

Edit: Lag seems to be a little worse. Before I had 50-52 ms lag with Rockband on X360 with GTV1.0, this time I was getting around 55-65 ms lag after three different attempts at calibration.

Also, there's no new settings like "Game Mode" for the picture settings.