Quantcast

Google to release Honeycomb update for Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by DCAlexandria, Sep 20, 2011.

1. DCAlexandria

DCAlexandria Member

Google to release Honeycomb update for Google TV - New Media - New Media | siliconrepublic.com - Ireland's Technology News Service

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Already, I found an error in this article. While Sony makes Bravia televisions, not all televisions made by Sony are Bravia models. In fact, the Sony Internet TV models fall outside of Sony's Bravia television product line. The current Bravia line of Smart TVs use Connected TV platform by Yahoo! not Google.

It is possible but not necessarily probable. Unfortunately, we don't even know if Google has given the final release candidate of the Android 3.1 update to either Sony or Logitech. These manufacturers will want to ensure that their value added portion is working and baked into the package before they are going to distribute it to the wild.

Remember due to the limitation of the over-the-air updates, we will need to abide by the trickle down affect of Intel and Adobe > Google > Logitech or Sony > End User distribution.

The problem with false hope is the feeling of betrayal if it does not come to fruition. While I remain hopeful that it will come out soon, the past trends have made me become cynical. I won't place faith on any article or suggestion as to when the update will be released. At this point, I'm patiently waiting for someone I can trust to let me know that their unit has been updated. And that list is a very short list and doesn't contain random bloggers on the internet.

3. DCAlexandria

DCAlexandria Member

I for one believe the end of september, why else would google have already added google tv apps to the android store if it wasn't close to release?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Google didn't "add apps", the third-party Android app developers did. They only created the Google TV platform category which catalogs the applicable apps through the individual app's AndroidMaifest.xml file. No doubt that futher filtration within this platform will also be based on the device's fingerprint and locale for protected and paid apps.

5. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Release appears to be imminent but I suppose it could be another 30-60 days. I am really looking forward to the update. It has been a long year!

6. les anderson

les anderson New Member

need two more posts to be able to post a link

7. les anderson

les anderson New Member

1 more

8. les anderson

les anderson New Member