Quantcast

Google Tells Developers To 'Stay Tuned' For Google TV News At I/O

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Mar 14, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google tells developers to 'stay tuned' for Google TV news at I/O | The Verge (click for full article)

by Adi Robertson - March 14, 2013

"While we saw a few Google TV developments at CES 2013, news of the platform has been fairly quiet. But that could change at this year's Google I/O. Last week, the Google TV Developers account told Google+ followers to "Stay tuned for #GoogleTV news at I/O."

Even if that's not a very strong statement, it's a hint that Google hasn't forgotten completely about its connected TV and set-top box project, which has failed to gain even a shadow of the popularity Eric Schmidt once predicted.

As another - albeit minor - sign of changes at Google TV, the division is also hiring for a Hardware Program Manager, who will be responsible for coordinating Google TV hardware projects. At last year's I/O, we got a look at Vizio's $99 Co-Star set-top box; what Google will bring to attempt a revival this year is anyone's guess."

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... I thought the following statement from the article was interesting:

"GTV division is also hiring for a Hardware Program Manager, who will be responsible for coordinating Google TV hardware projects."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO that statement could mean that Google is planning a Nexus GTV box.

3. jetmdt

jetmdt Member

So glad I waited to replace my Revue. Can't wait to see what is around the bend.

Jeff

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am anxious to hear what Google has to say. The current hardware is capable of great things so I am not expecting a big improvement in hardware.

5. bidger

bidger Member

Believe it when I see it.

6. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Google TV is Google's best kept secret ;)