Quantcast

Google Talk Authentication Failed

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by guest, Aug 6, 2015.

1. guest

guest Active Member

Man, these Logitech Revue's are starting to have major problems. I just began using a hardly-used Revue a few months ago, after having "worn out" my first one.

The other day, I did a factory reset. Now I'm getting a Google Talk Authentication Failed message. What that means is that the Play Store isn't accessible, so no ES File Explorer. Maybe there's an APK for it.

I've done a second factory reset, but the problem remains.

My Chromebox won't be received for a few months. I'll make do in the meanwhile.

2. madman999

madman999 Member

I still use my Logitech Revue but support for them is getting worse by the day. Funny thing is that I still have access to the Playstore but number of apps listed as compatible with Google TV is shrinking.

They messed up the YouTube app which worked fine and even had some limited ability to cast from another Android device Ala chrome cast.

One app I used a lot is the Dramafever app but as of August 6th they decided to not allow any new content to be played. Kind of sucks because it still a good piece of hardware....

At least I can still use Viki until they decide to mess with that as well...

Incidentally, you can try to sideload apps from a USB stick or downloaded from the Web if you can get a simple file manager installed.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk