Quantcast

Google strategy vs Apple

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by drdigital1, Sep 13, 2011.

1. drdigital1

drdigital1 New Member

It just dawned on me that as various sites upgrade Flash to 10.2, 10.3, etc they become unwatchable on GTV. Once this situation becomes pervasive, we wonÂ’t be able to watch Flash videos on GTV. And when that happens, GTV will be just like Apple. Brilliant strategy, Google!

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Dude the update to 3.x is coming out any time now. Flash will be updated just like apps get there updates.

3. DCAlexandria

DCAlexandria Member

Right on Lucas. I know the mods don't like it when I say this but c'mon the original poster knows that too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I've read his other posts. He appears to be a legitimate new Revue owner who is frustrated with flash compatibility, especially with the ESPN3.com website. Reading these complains makes me chuckle considering I purchased the Revue at $299 when it was originally released almost a year ago. The updates since then had made the experience better, so the impatience of all these new users whom purchased it at $99 is rather amusing. (at least to me, anyways)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
  5. drdigital1

drdigital1 New Member

DCAlexandria - you are right; this is just a sarcastic post
    eferz - you are right; lack of adequate Flash support made my Revue useless and I am frustrated
    lucas710 - if, after many missed promised dates, HC gets released this month I will apologize for my sarcastic post

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

It is absurd to think lack of the current Flash version makes the Revue useless, unless it wasn't a product you would find very useful in the first place. If that was the only thing about the product you wanted, I can't imagine that this is the best product for the purpose. One post mentioning you are waiting for the next flash update would be enough, continual whining about the issue is just silly. The only site I have noticed so far requiring the Flash update is WatchESPN.com although I am sure there must be others. Like many other users, I am looking forward to the big update and anxious to see what all it brings, by actually using it.