Quantcast

Google+ Social Network: Hands-On First Impressions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jun 29, 2011.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

PC World has a very favorable revue of Google's new social network. I like the part where you can have a video chat with about 10 poeple at once. It's almost like a chat room type of thing. They commented that if Google had come out with this social network three years ago they could of overtaken Facebook. But now the question is whether Facebook is too well entrenched for Google to seriously challenge it. But PCWorld thinks it's possible. Seems like the reviewers like many of the Google+ features better than Facebook features. Google+ Social Network: Hands-On First Impressions | PCWorld

2. thedude

thedude Member

My friend is in the Google+ beta. I got a strange automated email from him updating his status...

Oh, and fwiw, I am in the Google Music beta. Works great, and I hope they make the music application available once TV gets on Marketplace.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Apparently Google+ is growing so fast Google temporarily ran out of server space. Also read the comments after this article - apparently Google is ticking off some people by cancelling a bunch of Google+ accounts that they don't feel are associated with a real name. All in all I'd say so far it's a favorable launch: Google+ is victim of its own success

4. geektonic

geektonic New Member

Any indication of whether Google+ will make it into GoogleTV eventually?

5. thedude

thedude Member

I have been on the beta for a while now. It's just a web UI, so the integrated Chrome browser works fine.

The Android application is ****, but designed with mobility in mind. I think its features likely aren't necessary when you're sitting in front of the tube. Hopefully there will be a native app with features that make sense for TV once marketplace drops.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

6. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

I've been logging on to G+ with my Google TV, but there are a few format/layout problems (avatars can sometimes be huge and take up half the screen). Probably just teething problems...

Anyone else seeing this?