Quantcast

Google search will not include Plex items

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by surge919, Sep 15, 2013.

1. surge919

surge919 New Member

Does anyone have Plex items showing up under when searching via the main Google Search?

I've selected Plex under the Searchable Items, but Plex results do not show up?

I have the latest version of Plex installed.

According to posts in the Plex forums, this should be working but there are a handful of users with the same issues.

thx in advance

2. santiroberts

santiroberts New Member

on a vizio costar. up to date plex server on a windows 8 machine and plex client on the vizio. the client sees all my videos. I have plex checked in the options in the google search options on the vizio, but search does still not seem to search plex (or returns no results at least).

3. SlickRickDFW

SlickRickDFW New Member

Own both a vizio costar and sony nsz-gs8 and I have the same issue. Running lastest public Plex server software, Plex checked in Search options, but no Plex items returned during Searching...

4. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

Same here.

5. redacr

redacr New Member

Hello,

I recently purchased a Sony nsz-gs8 and the search (Google or Primetime) does not search my plex server. Has anyone seen a fix for this?

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I found this thread (see below) about the search problem with Plex. There is a fix suggested in the thread. I hope that it works for you. (Also you can try going to your system settings and force stop & clear data from the search app).

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/78045-turn-on-searching-plex-from-google-search/

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014