Quantcast

Google releases Chrome 30 Beta

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Aug 28, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Chrome 30 Beta For Android Introduces WebGL Support And New Swipe Gestures (click for full article)

by Frederic Lardinois - August 22, 2013

Google today launched the latest beta of Chrome for desktop and Android. This release marks the first time Chrome for Android supports WebGL by default. Previous versions of the beta for Android already made WebGL the standard for rendering interactive 3D and 2D graphics in the browser, available behind a flag. It's now enabled by default on all mobile devices that feature a relatively high-end GPU, including those found in the Nexus 4 phone and Nexus 7 tablet.

2. CatfishRivers

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. CatfishRivers

It's my understanding that when Chrome 30 comes out of beta - this will improve the Chromecast tab casting feature. The Chromecast tab casting feature is still in beta - but it's supposed to come out of beta when Chrome 30 hits the stable channel. This should be within the next few months.

4. sleepraider

sleepraider New Member

I've heard this too, from my google fanatic friends. But, I dont recall the how-- that is, how will this improve the feature? Will tabs that have been cast display better, will media play better?

I'll admit, playing sports feeds is my #1 priority, so this this improves the ability to do that, I'm all over it.
    I've ordered my chromecast but do not have it yet.