Quantcast

Google Queue Management

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by TrendyGuy, May 15, 2011.

1. TrendyGuy

TrendyGuy New Member

Hello all,

When roaming the web sometimes I see video podcasts that I would love to watch later at home. I was wondering if there is a way to manage the queue for my google tv online? I have the google tv setup under my google account so is there a place I can add podcast feeds to have them show up on my google tv?

If there isn't a way does anyone have any tips on organizing video podcasts to watch?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

When you see a podcast that you like press CTRL + D on your keyboard. You will then see a pop-up on your screen giving you the option to add it to your que, share, or subscribe to the feed.

3. TrendyGuy

TrendyGuy New Member

Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I would like to be able to add podcasts to google tv while browsing the web at work or on my laptop.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a way to do that now with Google TV. Hopefully when the app market comes out we will have this functionality. I thought of a workaround in the meantime though. If you see a podcast and you want to add it to Google TV que from your laptop - you could then obtain the URL of the podcast and save it into Google Bookmarks https://www.google.com/bookmarks/ Then later when you are on Google TV add it to your Que.

5. TrendyGuy

TrendyGuy New Member

Thanks for your responses.

After doing some more searching I found a way to do this using Google Reader. Once you subscribe to something on the Google TV a folder is created in Google Reader called Google Queue. If you add the RSS feeds for the podcasts to that folder they will show up on the Google TV.

6. galfert

galfert Active Member

TrendyGuy your are right! It actually it is possible to manage your Google TV Queue while browsing the web on your work or home computer. Here is a more precise step by step...

1) On your PC sign in to Google Reader with you Gmail account. (Don't do anything here yet)....If you already use Google Reader you can skip this step
    2) On Google TV device add something to Queue ...just add one item...it doesn't matter what it is...we will manage this later on the PC...but the first item has to be added on your Google TV Device. *
    3) Go back to your PC and back into Google Reader.
    4) In the left hand column of Google Reader under Subscriptions you'll see "Google TV Queue" folder.
    5) Drag and drop other subscription items into this folder or find and add some new ones and they will be synchronized with your Google TV device queue.

* Step 2 actually serves the purpose of creating the "Google TV Queue" subscription folder in your Google Reader.

Last edited: May 15, 2011