Quantcast

Google Pushes Small Updates To PrimeTime For Google TV, Offers And Sound Search

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Mar 27, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google Pushes Small Updates To PrimeTime For Google TV, Offers, And Sound Search (click for full article)

by Carmen Summerso - March 27, 2013

"We've already seen two pretty major updates to Google apps today, with Translate's offline language packs and Movies getting info cards.

Some smaller updates were also pushed out to a few other apps as well - namely Sound Search, Offers, and PrimeTime for Google TV. Since the latter's the most notable (in terms of what's in the update, that is), let's start there.

The PrimeTime app for Google TV brings a few new things by adding support for Amazon Prime content, as well as a subscription selector for Netflix, HBOGO, and Prime. So, basically, more ways to get content.

Past that, Offers brings but one small enhancement: notifications of saved offers nearby. That's it. Still, for anyone who frequently uses this app, that could prove to be quite useful.

Lastly, there's Sound Search. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the changelog for this one, but surely the update brings something to the table. Maybe some bugfixes (likely).

And that pretty much sums it up. A few little updates."

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

PrimeTime For Google TV Updated - Applications - RootzWiki - RootzNews - RootzWiki (click for full article)

by Mike Lewis - March 27, 2013

"You remember Google TV, right? It's that set top box that's sitting in your closet that's missing a few key components or updates. With rumors swirling that the Mountain View search company may bring renewed focus to the platform at Google I/O, the PrimeTime application received one of several overdue updates on Wednesday.

The latest update, when read aloud in musical form, sounds (to me) almost like the singing of angels:

- Amazon Prime content will be displayed.
    - A subscription selector will allow you to customize content subscriptions. Netflix, HBO GO, and Amazon Prime will show as 'free' if you previously subscribed to them.
    - Various bug fixes are thrown in as well (aren't they always?)."

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  3. dman351

dman351 New Member

Could somebody post the Primetime app APK so I can do some testing with Canadian content. Thanks in advance.

4. Peteo

Peteo Member

Any idea when the google prime time app will be fixed to correctly send channel commands to TiVo premier boxes with over the air antenna? Right now the prime time app sends whole number channels to the box, event though the google channel list shows them the correct way 2.1, 2.2 etc.. It's driving me crazy, makes the prime time app useless

5. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

Finally, I've been waiting for Amazon Prime support. This will help with the fact that the 1st gen devices will never see a dedicated Amazon app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2