Quantcast

Google Play, Updates Avail.... but never shows up in my apps

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Scuzzo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok for a week now i have been getting messages.. "Updates are Available" in my notices.. on my Logitech Revue.. but when i go to the Market "Google PLay".. they are not showing up in My Apps...
    what gives.. is it a configuration problem.. that the apps are self-updating.. i would like to know what apps are being updated... any one else have this kinda problem... am i going to have to reinstall the whole system to fix this... loose all my bookmarks all my installed apps...

kinda need help on this Google TV Gurus..

help?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem and have no idea what causes it. It causes no problems other than a message that is wrong or an app being updated without knowing which app and my conclusion is I don't care either way.

3. EmeraldSkylark

EmeraldSkylark New Member

wow nic i like................

4. sonylistens

sonylistens New Member

Hello Scuzzo!

This is Kevin Krause with the Sonylistens Team. I am very sorry to read about the problems that you are having with your Google TV. If you contact our TV support team at 239-768-7547 they will be more than happy to try and help resolve the issues that you are having.

Thank you,

Kevin Krause

Sonylistens Team

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Kevin, thanks but he actually indicates he has the Logitech Revue. Believe me as a Revue owner, I would love for Sony to take over firmware updates and customer support for the Revue since Logitech is bowing out but I think that is asking a bit much of Sony.

6. alyaba

alyaba New Member

I actually have the exact same problem but I have the 40" Sony GTV

7. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I had the same problem. While troubleshooting recently to find which defective App was causing my other Apps not to refresh, I found the culprit was Slacker Radio. After uninstalling I went in and cleared data and uninstalled updates for all the preinstalled Apps. Maybe this is a coincidence, too early to tell. But once I Restarted the Revue all the Preinstalled Apps updated automatically except for the NBA App which only needed a click on uninstall to get the App updated on Restart.

I haven't had an 'updates are available' message that hasn't actually been accompanied w/a real update for quite a while now. I think some of the Preinstalled Apps get hung up. It seemed I continued to get the message until I inadvertently solved the problem troubleshooting an unrelated issue. I did not mess w/the You Tube App. It's been working without a problem and truthfully I'm afraid of screwing anything up. Also it might not hurt to check and see if any recently added Apps are doing things they're not supposed to. There are plenty of sites that are checking for Malware in Google and Itunes Apps. Pretty bad stuff from what I can tell. This should work across the board for GTV devices. But feedback wouldn't hurt.

Worth a try...

Btw, Please be careful. I'm only referring to Apps like Twitter, NBA, Picasso and any preinstalled Apps that you don't normally use. I'd avoid making any changes to Netflix, Live Wallpaper, and any of the Apps that control the various functions of the units. The Apps we don't use are the most likely culprits.

Carl

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012