Quantcast

"Google Play Music" Bug or not?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by cathy_zhao, Mar 6, 2013.

1. cathy_zhao

cathy_zhao New Member

When I launch "Google Play Music" on CoStar, I found two issues:

1. fail to download the song while it is playing
    2. when confirm to download a song, full TV screen changes to white, no any information even the song finish downloaded and never return back.

Are they by Google design? :)

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like bugs to me, certainly not by design. I have only rarely used Google Play Music but never encountered those issues. I am way out of the mainstream today still using discs for music, CD, SACD and DVD-A.

I think Google has had some problems getting Google Play Music to work well with Google TV but hopefully somebody that regularly uses the service will have some ideas.

3. ChrisG8

Just today I received a Google Play Music update for both the Logitech Revue and Sony NSZ-GT1, the first thing listed on what's new was bug fixes, maybe things will be much better now.

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

While I don't buy or rent music, yet, I haven't had any problem w/the free music so far. But the security needed for the streaming of paid content may be different. Chris, ya got an upgrade??? Still trying to get the Co-Star to play music via the notifications feature like I can do on the Revue in TV mode since I can't get audio through the HDMI spltter.

Interesting...

Carl

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  5. ChrisG8

Yes, I got an update to v. 4.5.9101 yesterday and v. 4.5.9141 today. I think all three boxes I have hooked up got updates.

6. Carlszone

Hmm... that was the gs7? I gotta admit, this Vizio is starting to really piss me off! It just doesn't make sense. All the newer devices I tried shared the cable box w/my Logitech Revue. What makes this Co-Star so special that it requires a dedicated HDMI and can't work via an HDMI splitter. And using this device I got the first Shock Wave Crash in months. The Revue has never crashed on any media I've played w/the exception of ESPN 3, and only then during the ads.

Damn, is there a way to symbolize a full throttle internet scream like the symbolic, LOL?

Geeze, I'm just so frustrated w/these devices...

Hey, I ain't whining. I could give a sh_t about the future of GTV. Right now I want something that works! It's that simple. If the GS7 is still available I'll probably be kicking my own butt for not trying it sooner. But at the time I really thought you guys would never see the upgrade.

One other question.... In the upgrade, did it include the Amazon App? I'll give the Vizio a 9 out of 10 just for the app. It was beautiful to behold. My Video Library was laid out in the most user friendly way. Me and my guests played movie after movie w/out flaw for hours. I think they watched 5 movies, one of which was 3 hrs long. I got burned out & fell asleep. This time I'm gonna keep this device until I check out the GS7. It just doesn't make sense to keep a device that can't configure my TV. And even if I could configure it I can't get audio via the splitter.

Thanks

Carl

7. ChrisG8

All gen 2 devices will get the update including the proper Amazon Instant Video App at some point, I think the bugs are being worked out now. The update I mentioned I got yesterday was for the Google Play Music app only. I have never connected the NSZ-GS7 or any other Google TV box to an HDMI switcher, only used an AVR for switching so I don't know which ones might not work well in that set up.

8. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

google music will just randomly play at times for me...any one else experience that?

9. Carlszone

I have a sewell HDMI splitter. So far it worked on every device except the Co-Star. Another thing that I can't seem to figure out...How to get the search to add Youtube, Primetime and TV. The only options in Settings under Searchable Items is IMDB, Google Chrome & Google Play music. The integrated search is not showing up. Anybody got a clue?

Carl

10. Carlszone

Aha! I figured it out. Really Cool!!! Unlike the search feature on all the other devices I tried out, the Co-Star doesn't show the sources until ya enter it into the search.

11. msouv

msouv New Member

I have had this recurring error:

Music playback error.
    Couldn't play the track you requested.

At first I thought it may be an internet connection issue but after playing YouTube for hours with no problem, I think it is a Google play music app problem. I am using Vizio Co-Star and confirmed app v. 4.5.9141.
    Is anyone else getting that error?

12. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

Got this a lot tonite.. at least half of the songs on a playlist refused to play. Up to my PC.. all is fine playing from there (same songs that errored on the CS). The problem is with the CoStar. :(