Quantcast

GOOGLE-PLAY for Google TV, released today. NEW Replacement Android Market APP?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by ulises1954, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

There is a new replacement for the Android Market APP, Called GOOGLE PLAY for Google TV, released today 6.march.2012...

However every time That I try to install this new APP, I always get the same "Not Compatible" Error Message!!

Someone have installed this latest GOOGLE-PLAY for Google TV APP successfully?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Here's the link to today's Google blog with the news about "Google Play":

Official Google Blog: Introducing Google Play: All your entertainment, anywhere you go

Here is the link for the web version of Google Play to view with Chrome:

http://play.google.com/store

--------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I received an update for Google Play app on my Revue. I clicked "update" and it successfully installed. However I don't really notice much of anything different. It did state in the Google blog that they would be adding features to the app (for phones & tablets) in the coming days. So maybe the app is still a work in progress..... It could also be that a lot of the stuff from Google Play that works with tablets & phones isn't compatible to work with GTV yet.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  3. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

Thanks CatfishRivers for your reply!

As You, I also went to the market and to MY-APP, and the GOOGLE-PLAY FOR GOOGLE TV says that there is a new UPDATE available for this APP...

Do you mean that I don't need to update this APP?

4. CatfishRivers

No you should update your app. Earlier in the day I didn't see that I had an update available. I'm going to edit my previous post so it won't be confusing.

5. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

I just found the Google Play v3.4.6 APP (Not for GTV) and installed (sideload) in my Sony NTZ-GT1... The APP works OK, but sometimes the Android-System freeze (the mouse pointer don't move) and I have to reboot the NTZ-GT1... So I hope that the special version for Google-GT be available soon!!

Btw Google has mentioned, that This is a silent update, which means you will not see a notification and will not be prompted to update.

6. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

How come we can't rent movies through GTV yet now?

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You can rent from Amazon. Monday through Thursday a single title is offered for $.99, standard definition, and thousands are available at prices above what I am willing to pay at any given time. I know there are other rental options available with Google TV but that is the only one I use.

8. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

I love the Amazon Instant Movie option to buy movies. They are immediately sent to your video library. I can't for the life of me find a reason to join the Amazon Prime membership. It just feels like a waste of money. I HATE their Prime line-up. They have so many more Movies that Netflix doesn't have. Why are they so greedy, that they won't open the content to a full membership subscription at a fair but higher price.

Geeze, guess I'm getting too old for this. I really wanted to add Amazon Prime to my media subscriptions, but altho, they offer shopping discounts, this isn't making much sense. Why not offer a two tiered service. One for users that just want to take advantage of discounts in shipping across all their sale departments. And one for just Instant Video subscribers. I really hate having to buy movies that they could just as easily offer for a reasonable subscription fee. Hell, I'd be willing to pay more than I now pay for Netflix monthly.

World turned upside down...

Sorry, didn't mean to take ya off topic.

Carl

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  9. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

I meant through the "market" we can rent/buy movies with our phones or tablets, why are we not able to do that with GTV?

10. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

I got the prompt to update this evening. I only got it when I attempted to go into the Market. It wasn't the usual prompt though... it sorta stopped me from going into the market and saying that an update is there then automatically changed to "Updating..." with text above that saying that the app will be updated soon.

I left it for a good little while (> 30mins) and nothing happened. Went back to the icon and it did the same thing all over again.

Anyone else having this problem (Sony TV set).

11. mijail07

mijail07 New Member

I have the same problem you have, leave it overnight and nothing. Send mail to google tv stand waiting for me to solve something, but I'm still waiting.

Sorry for the translation of translate.google.com :D

12. CatfishRivers

Are you in the USA? It was mentioned in the Logitech Revue forum that the Google Play update might not work outside the USA:

Google Play on Logitech Revue? - Logitech Forums

• Like Like x 2
  13. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

14. Raytoombs

Raytoombs New Member

Is anyone else having a problem getting the market to update to the play?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

15. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

16. mijail07

mijail07 New Member

If I am in Mexico buy a Google TV Sony 32-inch at bestbuy and it was not entirely pleasant purchase.

I commented that today trying to open the market (play) finally came out the logo but before he could do something and warned me that an error had occurred and could not show anything on the server. I could not move much in my GTV for lack of time I hope will be resolved soon or attempts to update the Google Store Play 3.4.7.apk they put up ...

Sorry again for the translation.