Quantcast

Google Music

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by RockStar, May 25, 2011.

1. RockStar

RockStar New Member

Might be a new update for us soon

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  2. funkybrunk

funkybrunk New Member

music.google.com works perfectly fine on my Revue. Tested streaming, no problems whatsoever.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

How do you use Google music on your Revue? I tried and it said that I needed to request an invitation. So I requested my invitation and then it said it's still new and they are fine tuning things and they would notify me when they are ready with my invite. I haven't heard back from them yet. Also how would you be able to upload music to your cloud with the Revue? Or do you need to do that part with a computer/mobile device? I don't have a mobile phone or computer so maybe that's why I haven't received my invite yet?

4. CatfishRivers

I just wanted to add that the new Amazon cloud music locker works good with my Revue. I downloaded a free Mp3 from Amazon into my cloud (using only my Revue) and it played back fine. Also any music you purchase from Amazon can automatically be uploaded to your cloud (using only your Google TV device).

5. RockStar

RockStar New Member

music.google.com still waiting on Google to use it...

6. CatfishRivers

Thanks for all the information RockStar. I was wondering how funkybrunk is able to use music.google.com NOW with his Revue. (While we are not able to use it). I'm thinking he got his invite through a PC or mobile and can access his cloud with the Revue that way.........

7. galfert

galfert Active Member

Google announced Music Beta a couple weeks ago at the Google I/O conference. At first only people that went to the conference were given access. But anyone anywhere was allowed to sign up to be notified for a future invitation to use the service. A few days later Xoom Tablet owner's that signed up to be notified started receiving invitations. Just this week the next wave of invitations to the general public started to go out...but in limited amounts of people. Google is not making the service available to everyone all at once....you'll have to wait your turn. Most every Google service has been rolled out this same way. Only people in the US are able to access the service. And like I said the invitations are just now starting to be rolled out in small groups at a time.

I got my Google Music Beta invitation a couple days ago too. I signed up for notification the day it was announced May 10 or 11th.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  8. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Was watching the webcast of Google IO when the music beta was announced, quickly put a request in for an invitation. Been using it with my Google TV (Revue) the past few days, it's pretty nice (after a lengthly upload music process). Hopefully they'll be a native app available for it when the OS upgrade comes.

9. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Does anyone know if google Music beta works with the Sony Google TV - NSX32GT1 as I just got invited to it today and loaded up on the free music, but when I try to play any of the songs with the tv , it shows the songs playing but there is no sound. Anyone else with a google tv having this problem?

10. CatfishRivers

I'm able to play the songs from Google Music with my Logitech Revue.

11. CatfishRivers

Well I take that back. I got my invite to Google music on June 6th and it worked fine then. However I just tried it and the songs won't play.

12. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Guess its a sony google tv television problem then as my tv plays the song but has no sound when I play the music.

13. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Mine just started working!!! There was a 6 or so second delay between seeing the music play and actually hearing it Catfishrivers.

14. CatfishRivers

Yeah mine is working now also - although I wouldn't currently describe it as 'smooth'.

15. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

I think they sent out a new wave of invites (got my second on today), so that may be impacting their servers...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Swin1974

Swin1974 New Member

i am having the same issue as Trallyus , no sound coming through my NSZ GT1 when trying to play music on Google's cloud music service music.google.com

anyone have any ideas?

17. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Try letting it play for 6-10 seconds or up to a minute before giving up Swin1974. I think what it is doing is buffering the songs and hence there is a small delay. Also try the free songs first before playing your uploaded songs as until the google program is done uploading your tunes to the cloud, you may see your song but not be able to play it until everything is uploaded.

18. cw54o

cw54o New Member

works perfectly on my revue. no issues yet *knocks on wood*

19. waynew73

waynew73 New Member

I had the same problem with the Amazon Cloud Player and Sony TV

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

20. jaburgoa

jaburgoa New Member

same problem here. let me know if u find a workaround and i will do the same.