Quantcast

Google Music Queue with Chromecast Issue

Discussion in 'Google Chromecast' started by TheFunk, Jul 29, 2013.

1. TheFunk

TheFunk New Member

I just fired up my Chromecast, and I noticed an issue with Google Music Queue and playback between songs.

The only way the next track would play in my queue was when I unlocked the phone. It would not switch to the next track when the phone was in "sleep" mode (the screen off and locked).

Anyone else having this issue and know a fix? I add to the queue within the Google Play Music app clicking the three vertical dots and then "add to queue"

Running HTC One X (Att)

Thanks!

2. KegelCoach

KegelCoach New Member

I thought I was having this issue as well. I was really ticked off because I thought 'only allowing 1 netflix movie at a time is reasonable, but only 1 song?'
    But it was just the interface in google music being less than obvious. In my case I was actually just playing a song, which if the tablet stays on, will then move to the next song.
    But I think maybe this is not 'the queue', because when I add an album to the queue specifically, it continues to play all the songs after the tablet has fallen asleep.
    Make sure the songs you expect to hear are in the queue itself.

I'm not real crazy about the google music interface honestly, it's busy and not easy to figure out.

EDIT: I was wrong. it played a few songs today and then shut off again, even though it had not finished the queue. my workaround for now is to use Tasker with a profile that says that if Play Music is running, do not disable WiFi when the tablet is asleep. hopefully that will work.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013