Quantcast

Google Music Art Problem

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by landlady, Jan 20, 2012.

1. landlady

landlady New Member

Could someone tell me what I need to do to display my GM album art on GTV? The album icons show in my Windows directory, and display at the bottom of the page when I am playing songs on the GM site. Each song shows it's art when I edit the properties in GM, yet when I load GM on my Revue, I get two tone boxes or mostly nothing when songs are playing. I don't have albums specified in my many of my tags, but the ones that do grab art that often is not correct, and I can't figure out how to delete or edit the RECENT and ALBUM tab entries in GM. TIA

2. landlady

landlady New Member

I think I have determined the problem with Google Music. The art is associated with the Album entry in the tag, whereas embedded art should be detected on a song basis. This can be verified by assigning the Album name Greatest Hits to various artists. Google Music will group all those songs under the first listed artist and show that album cover for all the songs, even though the correct art is embedded. Unlisted Album Tag songs will all be grouped together. Albums cannot be edited in GM, so all Album tags must be perfect before uploading with no duplicates across artists. Since a lot of my songs came without full tags it is a large undertaking, and my collection is smaller than most out there (~2k titles). At 200k file size per cover (and that is hi res for an album art icon) it would take <400Mb cloud space for my collection's covers. Since I am nowhere close to the massive amount of space allotted, I can only assume that the receiving device is unable to purge the artwork from memory across sessions (let alone from song to song), and that the album linking was to prevent memory crashes(?).

Can someone verify that Android phones are the same? thanks

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012