Quantcast

Google Music and ridiculous Background Data

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by MattS1984, Oct 1, 2012.

1. MattS1984

MattS1984 New Member

Hi all,

This is my first post but I'm hoping to find the answer to a really big problem (or at least find others with same issue). I started to try and use Play Music after the latest update for the Revue (4.3.609). I have an online library of about 1300 songs and all of the correct album art, etc. Playing music through the Revue worked well and I was satisfied... until I saw my daily Internet usage report. My usage had gone up from my typical under 1GB per day to 65GB in one day! I know this traffic was coming from my Revue and knew that Play Music was the only change (also once clearing all App Data effectively unlinking my account from it, I see nominal usage).

65GB is nearly 10x the size of my library and I had not been using the app on that particular day. Of course most of the normal in-app settings to not use cache, etc. do not appear in the GTV version. Has anyone else seen this and/or know what can be done to correct this (and still be able to use Music when desired)?

My fear is that this is happening to a lot of users besides just me. I consider myself fortunate to have a firewall that sends me daily emails so that I caught this within a couple days but most will not know until their ISP contacts them. There is a thread running on the Logitech site (try googling "Play Music v4.3.609 Background Downloading", first result) about this but I don't expect much help from Logitech at this point.... which is why I came here.

Thanks!

2. AndroidLev

AndroidLev New Member

Stumbled across this at work so I can't provide much detail, but I too can attest to this issue to the point I chewed through 200GB of data before I worked out the cause. I have disconnected the box and have now restored it to factory, reset my Google TV box and reapplied Google Play Music. So far so good so fingers crossed.

3. AndroidLev

AndroidLev New Member

It's also being discussed on the logitech forums