Quantcast

Google Music - 47G2

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by belogical, Aug 19, 2012.

1. belogical

belogical New Member

Hey Guys, my 1st post.

With the recent price cuts, I am hoping you will see this forum explode on these models. I am now a proud owner of the 47 G2.

My only issue I have right now is Google Music. I see it's not available in the market. Has anyone found the APK for Google Music TV?

BTW, I am shocked at how much this TV does. Chrome also does far better than I ever expected it to do on a TV. Pretty amazing device.

Thanks!
    BeLogical

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

My Google Music is included in all apps with yellow headphones called "Play Music", been there for a long time but I don't think I had to download it from Google Play. If it isn't included in your all apps, someone here will remember how to load it. It works well for me but I don't have much music stored online, I still listen to CD, SACD, and DVD-A primarily.

3. belogical

belogical New Member

I guess you don't have an LG Google TV then?

4. ChrisG8

No, but the differences between various Google TV models as far as applications don't amount to much, I can't think of any apps that run only on selected models, and I can't imagine there is no Google Music access for the LG models. Go here to see if you can figure it out.

The Official Google TV Blog: Google Music is Here

I didn't read it but it shouldn't be difficult, I would suggest start by going there with your Google TV browser.

5. belogical

belogical New Member

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  7. belogical

belogical New Member

Ok, thanks for this. Kinda sad that Google is ignoring this issue it seems. If they have know about it for a month, and still haven't addressed it, that concerns me about the platform in general.

8. ChrisG8

Really? This device is named Google TV, primary functions include integrating web based video with traditional TV sources, and the ancillary applications and functions are many but can't possibly be placed as a high priority. If the issues for the minor functions can be addressed within a couple of months, I will be happy. Nothing else comes close for the primary functions in my opinion and I would say in general if Google Music hasn't been addressed immediately that means nothing at all. Feel free to be concerned about whatever might concern you, but if you purchased this device to handle music playback primarily, you didn't make an informed purchase.

9. belogical

belogical New Member

In my opinion, a small developer not fixing a known small bug in a month's time isn't great. If your bug is huge, say, removing you from the Google Play store, I say for a small developer that is a pretty big mess up. For someone as big as Google, it's unacceptable. Again, this is my opinion.

If you think Google Music is a "minor function" or an "ancillary application" for Google, IMO, I believe you are mistaken. Google Play is a big deal for Google.

This isn't the only thing they are ignoring. All major TV networks have been blocked for almost 2 years now. That is a big deal for a TV product. Being almost ignored at Google I/O this year can't be a great sign either.

I love the product and have followed it more closely than most, so I hope it succeeds.

Other than the above listed issues, I am enjoying my informed purchase :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. ChrisG8

It appears to be working fine for me, I just accessed my tiny collection, played a couple of songs, jumped around a bit. It shows available in the Google Play store, a free app, download it and see what you think. It took a month to fix a very minor feature of a product that needs some important improvements like Hulu Plus, Vudu, and so many others many times more important than Google Music to the product's success. I am surprised with all of the big issues at hand it was fixed as quickly as it was but every little bit of good news just moves the product one tiny step closer to success.

11. belogical

belogical New Member

Yeah I saw the update on my phone and noticed it was Google TV as well. It installed and is working great on LG now!