Quantcast

Google Maps Not Functioning Properly With GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Oct 8, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google Maps Not Functioning Properly With GTV

I just tried to use Google maps with my Logitech Revue and found out that it's no longer fully functional.

I am unable to get the directions to load. After I enter the starting and ending addresses - then click for "directions" the screen says "loading" - however the directions never load.

I'm thinking that the javascript capability of the outdated Chrome 11 browser (that comes with GTV) is the cause of the problem.

You'd think Google would have better coordination between it's own services/divisions - so that GTV wouldn't appear as though it's being cast aside as an afterthought. Obviously Google Maps was recently updated - without giving any consideration to GTV compatibility at all -:(

jmho.... It's bad enough that more and more videos on YouTube are becoming non-functional with GTV because they require Flash 11. And how is it that the recent live David Blaine "Electrified" streaming event keeps making GTV crash when viewed with YouTube - yet works like a charm on a non-Google site such as Dailymotion????

IMO it's things like this that that give the impression that GTV is low on the totem pole of importance with Google - and plays a role in why GTV sales are slumping. I like the GTV platform and hope that it succeeds - so I hope that you don't consider me to be a "basher" after reading this post. But rather a "realist" that is hoping Google reads these posts and will take the necessary steps and effort required to make GTV a success.

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-general-discussion/6306-yotube-crashing.html

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Thanks Catfish - I just tried using google maps with my sony google tv and am having the same problem. I will report the problem to Kevin.

3. dalAaron

dalAaron New Member

chrome 11 is showing age

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google maps is now working again with GTV -:)

• Like Like x 2